DS-156-K Question...

Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

gwoolfall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DS-156-K Question...

Hi,

I'm reading the info on what it says on the documents required to send in with the application.

It says Birth Certificate, but then it also says that the Birth Certificate is needed during the interview. If I send my birth certificate in will I get it back again?

It also says Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiance - what have other people sent in for this? Is it photo's, statements, what?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DS-156-K Question...

Originally Posted by gwoolfall
Hi,

I'm reading the info on what it says on the documents required to send in with the application.

It says Birth Certificate, but then it also says that the Birth Certificate is needed during the interview. If I send my birth certificate in will I get it back again?

It also says Evidence of Engagement to Your Fiance - what have other people sent in for this? Is it photo's, statements, what?

Thanks in advance
If you specifically mean the DS-156K, we did not send any backup documents with the form. We brought everything to the interview.

For evidence of engagement, we had photos together spanning the years we had known each other, and we did have a small engagement party so we had photos of that. Other than that, we were just asked how we communicate, and when I said by phone, the ConOff asked for the most recent 6 months of original phone bills. This was not in London, though.

Rene
Old Aug 30th 2010, 11:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

ALL evidence goes to the interview.
http://london.usembassy.gov/kprocessing.html

It is important that you do take action immediately and return the Application for Immigration and Alien Registration, Form DS-230-1, Part 1, Form DS-156 (in duplicate), Form DS-156K, (in duplicate), Form DS-157 (in duplicate) and Notification of Applicant Readiness, Form DS-2001. Note: The failure to return the forms promptly will delay the processing of your application.

Before returning Form IV-15K, to the Immigrant Visa Unit, you are required to assemble all of the documents required in support of your application. Note: These documents must not be mailed to the Embassy; you will be required to furnish the original of all documents and one copy on the day of the formal visa interview.

http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks both. So without being thick, even though on the DS-156K its says to make sure I attach the Birth certificate, police certificate, proof of support, etc. I don't need to, I only need to take them to the interview?

And lastly, for the Police certificates, on the wesbite it says about a fingerprint certificate, but then also mentions the normal ACPO one. Do you know which is required?

Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

jimandtina2008 will become famous soon enough

Thanks both. So without being thick, even though on the DS-156K its says to make sure I attach the Birth certificate, police certificate, proof of support, etc. I don't need to, I only need to take them to the interview?

And lastly, for the Police certificates, on the wesbite it says about a fingerprint certificate, but then also mentions the normal ACPO one. Do you know which is required?

Thanks
I just supplied the normal ACPO police certificate form.......you don't need the fingerprint one - you get those done at the embassy on the dayof the interview. My interview was May this year - good luck. By the way, when you go for your interview be prepared for a long thirsty wait. I was there for 9am and got out around 12.30....the cafe in the waiting room was closed and there were no drinks machines......
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. Yeah I've been to the embassy before to get H2B's and I remember it was a nightmare for the delays. Will take a few books I think.

So seeing as you did the London thing, I don't need to send anything in other than the forms to start with, no police cert, affardavit of support, nothing? I only need them with the interview?

Thanks!
Old Aug 31st 2010, 4:44 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. That's a horribly wrong instruction.

Regards, JEff