History

Old Oct 31st 2017, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Girl108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default History

Hi All,
Little bit of background on my story. Ten years ago I met a man when I was on holiday (he is American), fell in love. Went over to the USA to spend more time with him on a visa waiver, we ended up getting married and then came back to the UK to apply for the immigration visa. In that time I discovered that he was still unfaithful to me and was still with his ex and the whole thing fell apart. We divorced and he withdrew the visa application, which I was told was in 2013.

Fast forward to this year, where out of the blue an old connection from America got in touch (I knew him 20 years ago) and we are now in a relationship and have visited each other back and forth. We obviously want to be together and are trying to decide on the best visa (K1, C1 immigration).

My question is, is my past in terms of the visa application likely to go against me, even if I'm up front and honest about it all?

It's just a weird coincidence and I didn't plan on having to go through this whole process again.

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Girl108
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: History

Hi and welcome to BE.

Your past encounter should not hinder your current application, no. Just be open about it, as you said.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: History

People get married, divorced, are unfaithful and split, frequently so what happened to you many years ago will have no bearing on a new visa application.