Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Old May 16th 2014, 12:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Originally Posted by Irish rock Chick
yes sir we did just that , too much information on the internet conflicting and confusing just going to fill forms in before the 90 days are up and take it from there ..what will be will be we cant change what will or will not happen, never been here in this position before and never will again !! thank you all for your help !!
In addition to the forms Ian mentioned (which are all found on www.uscis.gov), she will need a full medical done, by an approved USCIS doctor. A list according to zip code can be found on www.uscis.gov. She will receive the results of the medical in a sealed envelope...that sealed envelope needs to be included in the AOS package.

I assume the USC spouse meets the income/asset requirements? Read the I-864 Affidavit of Support form and instructions, and reference the I-864P showing the current income level requirements, all found at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old May 16th 2014, 1:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... we cant change what will or will not happen...
Respectfully, this is one of those moments (mentioned earlier) when I'm going to be harsh... because you can, most definitely, change what will happen! Everything that takes place from this moment forward is entirely up to you; every action or decision you now make is a conscious choice - and some of those choices carry a degree of risk.

Don't ever fool yourself into thinking that you are a helpless victim of circumstance - which is what you've implied... because, quite frankly, that's just not true.

As I said before, good luck to you.

Ian
Old May 16th 2014, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Irish rock Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think I'm a victim of anything ! Never have or will I will do what I have to , and I hope it's the right thing for myself and husband ! Thank you for your advice !!
Old May 16th 2014, 2:23 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sir we did just that, too much information on the internet conflicting and confusing just going to fill forms in before the 90 days are up and take it from there ..what will be will be we can't change what will or will not happen, never been here in this position before and never will again !! thank you all for your help !!
I think that you misunderstood what CivilServant said. You need to go away for at least 24 hours, and consider all the advice you've been given here. It is good advice, and complete, but I will agree, to some coming to this topic "green", it is probably overwhelming. When you have read and digested everything you will probably have more questions, and that's fine too, come back and ask, ask all you want.

Just remember that you are playing a game where all the rules are made by the USCIS, and you have to play by those rules. If you don't understand the rules and the implications of the choices you make, you may get bitten by the rules.

There are ways through the maze that are effectively risk free, and those ways have been laid out to you, other routes carry varying degrees of risk, and you can to some degree mitigate that risk, but you cannot eliminate it entirely, and you end up at the whim of the immigration officer who adjudicates your case.

Also bear in mind that entering the US on the VWP you implicitly gave up most of your rights to appeal immigration decisions that go against you. You lose, and the results may be more that an little inconvenient for you (I mentioned a possible outcome earlier, above).
Old May 16th 2014, 2:32 am
Just Joined

Irish rock Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

No I didn't misunderstand anyone sir but thank you for pointing out that fact to me ! We have made an appointment with an Attorney and shall take it from there !! Once again thank u !