Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Old May 15th 2014, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Irish rock Chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

Hi my names SKY and I recently move to Arkansas and got married to my amazing husband , I'm from Belfast for my sins lol , atm we are trying to fill in Immigration forms but tbh I am just so over whelmed with them all , my visa waiver runs out nxt month and im so worried ill be sent back which I would just hate .... I would be so so thankful if some one could ease my mind and answer any question we may have !!!! Thank you for letting me join your forum , hope to hear from someone soon xox
Old May 15th 2014, 5:06 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi im new and feelin losted!!!

If you came over on the VWP with the intent to marry and stay, you would be very well advised to have a consultation with an immigration attorney.

You will find details of local lawyers here http://www.aila.org/
Old May 15th 2014, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Owen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond reputeOwen778 has a reputation beyond repute

The visa waiver program is for non-immigrants. So, if you intended to immigrate when you used the VWP to enter the US, you may be causing yourself serious problems. Hence the recommendation to talk to an attorney. Better still, talk to several of them.
Old May 15th 2014, 5:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish rock Chick
Hi my names SKY and I recently move to Arkansas and got married to my amazing husband , I'm from Belfast for my sins lol , atm we are trying to fill in Immigration forms but tbh I am just so over whelmed with them all , my visa waiver runs out nxt month and im so worried ill be sent back which I would just hate .... I would be so so thankful if some one could ease my mind and answer any question we may have !!!! Thank you for letting me join your forum , hope to hear from someone soon xox
There are pitfalls with your plan. You and your husband should have a consultation with an immigration attorney ASAP to discuss pros and cons. Make sure you and your husband are willing to move back to Ireland if the AOS is denied. Make sure you do not overstay this VWP trip.

Rene
Old May 15th 2014, 5:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You didn't "move". You are visiting. You do not have the correct visa which allows you to move.

Rene
Old May 15th 2014, 5:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Owen778
The visa waiver program is for non-immigrants. So, if you intended to immigrate when you used the VWP to enter the US, you may be causing yourself serious problems. Hence the recommendation to talk to an attorney. Better still, talk to several of them.
Under the circumstances you describe, nobody here is going to "put your mind at ease".

Annecdotally lawyers like to down-play the risks.... it's hard to turn down good fee income. I recommend you save the money you would pay the attorney, leave the US before your VWP visit period ends, and submit an application for a CR-1, which is the only approved way to get from where you are to where you want to be.
Old May 15th 2014, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

I didn't coming over to get married my now husband surprised me with a ring and date !! I really didn't think we had done any thing wrong or bad ,, now im worried n very scared
Old May 15th 2014, 5:47 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't coming over to get married my now husband surprised me with a ring and date !! I really didn't think we had done any thing wrong or bad ,, now im worried n very scared
If you had no intent to stay when you came over, you haven't done anything wrong. You can stay and adjust status. I would still recommend speaking to an immigration lawyer so you understand the situation fully.
Old May 15th 2014, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury
If you had no intent to stay when you came over, you haven't done anything wrong. You can stay and adjust status. I would still recommend speaking to an immigration lawyer so you understand the situation fully.
I agree. If you did not intend to remain in the USA on this visit, you can try to adjust status. You should still consult with an attorney, with the specific question of what can happen if AOS is denied.

If you are having trouble understanding the AOS process, you might want to retain the attorney to help you get through it.

Rene
Old May 15th 2014, 5:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Agreed, except I would have said "You should be able to stay and adjust status." as it is not a completely cut and dried matter.
Old May 15th 2014, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Agreed, except I would have said "You should be able to stay and adjust status." as it is not a completely cut and dried matter.
Yes your are right. I take it as read that just because you apply for an immigrant visa or status it isn't a given it will be granted, and that people understand just because you can apply doesn't mean it will be granted. But of course not everyone does understand that.
Old May 15th 2014, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Jezus I was stressed enough with these forms now I feel like im going to be thrown out and never let back in , I really didn't intend to stay Ive two Rottweiler's in Kennels back home which is costing a bomb to keep them their . I just feel sick now .if I have to go back I guess I have no choice a pure innocent mistake nothing more
Old May 15th 2014, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Jezus I was stressed enough with these forms now I feel like im going to be thrown out and never let back in , I really didn't intend to stay Ive two Rottweiler's in Kennels back home which is costing a bomb to keep them their . I just feel sick now .if I have to go back I guess I have no choice a pure innocent mistake nothing more
You haven't actually made a mistake yet. You could leave as planned and complete the marriage visa process in the usual way.
Old May 15th 2014, 6:17 pm

Stop worrying about. Go to the web site I listed in post 2 and call a lawyer. A consultation shouldn't cost a lot, and you will understand what you have to do and why.
Old May 15th 2014, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

So what do we do to adjust my wife's status , do we send these forms in or what !!!!! overwhelmed right now !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.