Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HEY the "unlawful law practice" thing...

HEY the "unlawful law practice" thing...

Old May 19th 2001, 1:09 am
Jitters

Since this newsgroup has been aroundf so long, and our friend my Udall has been with
us so long..I am SURE he would have told us all if we were doing any illegal things,
right? He seems to know hiss stuff very well. Let's all ask him.

--
Angie Hubert

Old May 19th 2001, 1:32 am
Jonathan_ATC

He is not here anymore. I am sure he DID let us know we were doing anything wrong,
repeatedly. Until the Bar association was called on Alvena, we just thought they were
empty warnings.

--
    >
Service http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
    >
    >
all
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 19th 2001, 2:00 am

sorta makese you wonder why all the sudden he is gone & alvena is in trouble? Karryl
    >
    >
    >

Old May 19th 2001, 2:18 am
Alvena Ferreira

Jonathan_ATC wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
and as a result, I guess you know whom I suspect in all of this, don't you? alvena

Old May 19th 2001, 2:36 am
michael d young

Alvena Ferreira wrote:

>
[usenetquote2]> > He is not here anymore. I am sure he DID let us know we were doing anything[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wrong, repeatedly. Until the Bar association was called on Alvena, we just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thought they were empty warnings.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >

Hi All!

Bingo. Yes does seem to be very suspicious that person would leave the scene of the
crime, just before the raid. I guess birds of a feather do stick together.

Take care,

Mike

Old May 19th 2001, 2:45 am
Jitters

This is all a crock of BS!!!!!!! I am SURE the person who reported everyone is only
doing it because their crappy law practice with all their high and mighty
book-learnin" actually doesn't amount to anything. And you know what? Every single
time I attempted to get "real" info from "real" law sources, they only led me around
in circles and couldn't help me worth a sh**!
    >
around in papers up to my neck. The government always has a strange sorta flowchart
going with the paperwork beauracracy. When you go to point A, it says next to go to
point B, except in case point C tells you that A was wrong so you must then go to
point F and skip point D which would tell you to go to point A anyway and that
totally throws you off to begin with. The whole issue here is that we were given info
for free, NOT claiming either of you were even remotely related to any law practice,
and yet the big guys hate you for spreading the free info they could be drawing huge
profits on (half the guys seeking their counsel will be sitting longer than 6 months
waiting because of their incompetence anyway) There is only ONE good thing that will
become of this. (NOT good if you are one of the tons of people who never submitted
petitions yet) There will be faster processing again because no one knows how to get
a visa by theirselves and can't afford these high-priced fresh-pressed suits. All I
can say is it all makes me want to vomit. I am only just glad hundreds of us have
made it through to the other side sucessfully in the nick of time, and to the rest of
you poor souls, my prayers are with you. :~(

>
[usenetquote2]> > He is not here anymore. I am sure he DID let us know we were doing[/usenetquote2]
anything
[usenetquote2]> > wrong, repeatedly. Until the Bar association was called on Alvena, we[/usenetquote2]
just
[usenetquote2]> > thought they were empty warnings.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
you?
    >

Old May 19th 2001, 3:06 am
Betastar

>

I hate to admit I had the same thought this morning, when downloading the newsgroup
messages =(

Old May 19th 2001, 4:50 am
billypilgrim

Alvena, the thought certainly crossed my mind as well.

However, it is also very possible that some immigration attorney or even law student
was online looking for information (especially with the LIFE act having just hit
deadline) and stumbled across your pages. They come up in any search engine, as you
know. I prefer to think that most people mean well until they clearly prove to me
otherwise. I may be kidding myself, but it makes my life just a bit more pleasant!

I wanted to thank you and Jonathan both for putting so much effort into your help
pages. They have certainly made our journey easier, as well of that of countless
others. I am very sad to see them taken down.

I wanted to congratulate you, as well, on the good grace with which you have handled
this whole thing. It is an example that will serve well for all of us as we deal with
the inevitable difficulties of immigration.

Beth

----------

[usenetquote2]>> He is not here anymore. I am sure he DID let us know we were doing anything wrong,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> repeatedly. Until the Bar association was called on Alvena, we just thought they[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> were empty warnings.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old May 19th 2001, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad I got to spend some time researching the next steps of our process, before this happened, It seems really sad, considering that most people knew neither of them were providing "legal" but rather passing along information they had learned. I find myself wondering whats next? We still have to make our way through the aos maze and hopefully we will get through it with out to many difficulties, as I sit here wishing I had saved the important information or printed copies off... thanks to both alvena and jonathon, you helped ease a lot of concerns,
Old May 19th 2001, 6:44 am
Evan and Sheila

You know, I may be suspicous of people from time to time. Wondering what their
motives are and such. But once I saw all those accusing Matt Udall of this I could
only sit there and shake my head. I guess now we do know how friendly of a newsgroup
this is, eh?

>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Jonathan_ATC wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > He is not here anymore. I am sure he DID let us know we were doing[/usenetquote2]
anything
[usenetquote2]> > > wrong, repeatedly. Until the Bar association was called on Alvena, we[/usenetquote2]
just
[usenetquote2]> > > thought they were empty warnings.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > and as a result, I guess you know whom I suspect in all of this, don't[/usenetquote2]
you?
[usenetquote2]> > alvena[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
scene of
    >
together.
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 19th 2001, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I prefer to think Matt was not involved. He gave a little advice, didn't he? It could have been anybody at all. It would be nice if they showed their faces, instead of remaining anonymous.
It's interesting how lawyers make the rules and the forms, and it's so confusing, you have to hire them to make sense of them. I'm fed up. It's bad enough the K Visa process is so convoluted, but now I'm almost ashamed to be an American. I truly am.
Old May 20th 2001, 3:44 am
billypilgrim

Penny, I'm just replying to your post because it is the last of a long string of
posts bashing the lawyers. But doesn't anyone here realize that this cry to sue
someone, that something must be done, that our rights our being violated, is the main
reason there ARE so many lawyers in America? As a culture, we seem to be quick to
point the finger, quick to say there must be SOMEONE to blame, quick to think that if
someone hurts us there should be a law to stop them, but if someone perceives that
they are being hurt BY us, then they are hiding behind an unfair law.

Please don't be ashamed to be American. If this were many countries, the police would
be at our doors right now taking us away for protesting against an official order.

Beth

P.S. I agree with your "prefer to think Matt was not involved" stance. It is final
exam time at all the universities. It is more likely, in my mind, that someone
was doing research and stumbled across the site and brought it to a professors
attention. Or that a lawyer was trying to find late-breaking info on the LIFE
act and stumbled across it.

----------

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 21st 2001, 11:13 am
billypilgrim

----------

wrote:

>
    >
That is not only the farthest thing from funny: it is in extremely poor taste.
Millions of people died in the death camps. You have insulted not only me, but
the memory of those persecuted, by even hinting that one (the threat that law may
have been practiced without a license) has anything to do with the other
(murdering innocent people based on their ethnicity, religion, or political
leanings).

That comment says more about you than it does about me, George.

Beth, champion of free speech, left-leaning democrat, active voter, and firm
believer that not all lawyers are scum.

Old May 21st 2001, 4:20 pm
Duncan

>
    >
    >

KY may have a strict statute, but this one line says a great deal..

--
K1 FAQ : http://www.k1faq.com

POE Rolling List : http://www.k1poelist.com

K1 Homepages : http://www.k1homepages.com

Old May 21st 2001, 4:20 pm
Duncan

>
    >
    >

Nolo was instrumental in the new law that ultimately forced the Texas Supreme Court
Committee to drop the case. Up until that point, the committee was trying to bully
Nolo's to lay down and give in.

--
K1 FAQ : http://www.k1faq.com

POE Rolling List : http://www.k1poelist.com

K1 Homepages : http://www.k1homepages.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.