Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP:Vaccine reaction!And interview in Bombay after 2 days!

HELP:Vaccine reaction!And interview in Bombay after 2 days!

Old Aug 3rd 2001, 3:28 am
Alpona

Hi, This is just to ask if anyone else in this group has ever had a reaction to the
MMR vaccine?I had my shot on the 19th and about two weeks later am displaying all the
symptoms of mumps! The sad part is I'm feeling lousy, am in pain...am trying to pack
and get ready to move all alone and the interview is just 2 days away. My face is
swollen and lopsided ...I hope they don't deny me the visa for looking like hell!
Just wondering if it ever happened to anyone else but me...???? regards alpona

Old Aug 3rd 2001, 1:01 pm
Xtrynytix

Oh you poor thing. It sounds like you might have caught a very mild dose of what they
have vaccinated you against. This happens to me every year after my flu injection.

I think because the vaccine is 'live' this can happen quite easily, but I am positive
you are not contagious or anything like that. I really don't think you can be
contagious from vaccine related symptoms. But I am in no way qualified on this (so
any experts in the house, I'm sorry). I felt really poorly after my meningitis C
vaccine a couple of years ago. They just gave me some painkillers and told me it was
ok. I still carried on going to Uni so they were not concerned at all. Hopefully,
after another few days you will start to feel much better )

I am sorry you feel so poorly, especially with your interview so near. Can you call
your own Doctor and tell him? Ask what he advises?

If not, explain at the Embassy or wherever you are going to be interviewed. They
will, I am sure understand.

Good luck and I hope you feel better pretty soon.

Much love

Becki (and Mark) x

Old Aug 3rd 2001, 9:23 pm
Jennifer In Texas

Oh same thing happened when I had typhoid vaccine. They failed to tell me that if my
temperature got to 101 to return to doctor. Reactions to vaccinations can be life
threatening. At least let your doctor know.

Jennifer

>
of
    >
my
    >
    >
    >
am
    >
think you
    >