Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP! OVERDUE UK police certificate in mail?

HELP! OVERDUE UK police certificate in mail?

Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:50 pm
cmp
Forum Regular

cmp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP! OVERDUE UK police certificate in mail?

All,

Ran into a definite roadblock with our DCF application.

We applied for the UK police certificate eons ago ... (40 days plus at least 10 days mail time) and it has not surfaced. The number to try and check only has a recording.

Realizing this is 2002, isn't there a human person you can contact, or an email enquiry? Any way you can have it faxed if UK has failed to mail it to you or it got lost in the mail?

Is our only hope to send another letter --- therefore waiting another TWO months?

This is the LAST piece we are waiting for till we can be together again.!!!!

THANKS for any advice.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP! OVERDUE UK police certificate in mail?

Originally posted by cmp:
All,

We applied for the UK police certificate eons ago ... (40 days plus at least 10 days mail time) and it has not surfaced. The number to try and check only has a recording.

Realizing this is 2002, isn't there a human person you can contact, or an email enquiry? Any way you can have it faxed if UK has failed to mail it to you or it got lost in the mail?

Is our only hope to send another letter --- therefore waiting another TWO months?

THANKS for any advice.
Hello there...sorry to hear about your delay. This happened to me also, and I'd advise you to contact the Data Protection Officer at your local police station (the one that you submitted the forms to) and then they will contact the central Data Protection team at London. This is what I did, and I received the certificate first class the very next day.

Peace,

D.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Rob S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cmp:
All,

THANKS for any advice.

At the risk of repeating what the other poster has said, this happened to me as well.
I was in London and contacted the Data Protection Section of Scotland Yard. I told them my circumstances and they put me on hold whilst they spoke directly to the National Identification Service (who also happen to be based in New Scotland Yard). The NIS arranged for a duplicate letter to be produced and I went down to Scotland Yard reception later that day to collect it.
The original letter turned up in the post over a week late, but the post mark indicated it had been sent out in good time and the Post Office was responsible for the delay.

If you live in London and still have difficulty please post again - I may still have the direct dial number I used.
Good Luck
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 4:19 pm
cmp
Forum Regular

cmp is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the posts, I appreciate it!

As it turns out, (Murphy's Law) we got it in the mail yesterday, and they had sent it out late from the UK!!!!!

I am glad we were not the only ones with issues though.

GRAZIE.

Originally posted by Rob S: