Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help with Naturalization

Help with Naturalization

Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

LENNYD96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with Naturalization

Hi I just got my PRS on Tuesday and they tell me it is good for 10 years. My question is "Do I wait 3 years from Tuesday past and then send in my N-400 for naturalization" Question two " My children at 11 and 12 they also got the 10 green card. Do they apply at the same time as me or do we have to wait until I get naturalized and then we file for my daughters?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Lenny
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Naturalization

Originally Posted by LENNYD96
Hi I just got my PRS on Tuesday and they tell me it is good for 10 years. My question is "Do I wait 3 years from Tuesday past and then send in my N-400 for naturalization" Question two " My children at 11 and 12 they also got the 10 green card. Do they apply at the same time as me or do we have to wait until I get naturalized and then we file for my daughters?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Lenny

Depends you are eligible to apply for naturalization 3 years, less 90 days, from the date you became a permanent resident (conditional or non-conditional). You said you got PRS on Tuesday does that mean you were a conditional permanent resident before and just had the conditions removed or that you just had your AOS interview on Tuesday and were approved.

As for your children, I believe once you become a citizen, if before their 18th birthdays then they automatically become citizens, too. Check that out to be certain.

Rete
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete
You said you got PRS on Tuesday does that mean you were a conditional permanent resident before and just had the conditions removed or that you just had your AOS interview on Tuesday and were approved.
His timeline implies he has no conditions attached to his PR status. I'm not sure why he would have just received it on Tuesday if his passport was stamped in June, however.

12/01- MOVED FROM CANADA TO ALABAMA
12/01- GOT SSN AND STARTED WORK DEC24
01/01-GOT MARRIED AND FILED FOR CPR
11/01- GOT EAD
11/02- WENT FOR AOS INTERVIEW
10/02- GOT ANOTHER EAD
05/04- FBI FINGER PRINTING
06/04- GOT STAMP FOR AOS IN PASSPORT
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
His timeline implies he has no conditions attached to his PR status. I'm not sure why he would have just received it on Tuesday if his passport was stamped in June, however.

12/01- MOVED FROM CANADA TO ALABAMA
12/01- GOT SSN AND STARTED WORK DEC24
01/01-GOT MARRIED AND FILED FOR CPR
11/01- GOT EAD
11/02- WENT FOR AOS INTERVIEW
10/02- GOT ANOTHER EAD
05/04- FBI FINGER PRINTING
06/04- GOT STAMP FOR AOS IN PASSPORT

Hi in June I had my interview but becuase my FBI check wasn't back they told me I would have to wait. I went from a K1 visa right to a PR I didn't have a condictional status becuase when I last went in I had already been married 2 1/2 years so thats why I got my PR.
Lenny
Old Sep 9th 2004, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Hi in June I had my interview but becuase my FBI check wasn't back they told me I would have to wait. I went from a K1 visa right to a PR I didn't have a condictional status becuase when I last went in I had already been married 2 1/2 years so thats why I got my PR.
Lenny
Lenny,

So how did you get the stamp in your passport in June if the prints hadn't cleared?
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
Lenny,

So how did you get the stamp in your passport in June if the prints hadn't cleared?
I didn't get my stamp in june I just got my stamp on Tuesday. In june they said ok everything looks good but you'll have to wait until you get cleared from the FBI
Lenny

Sorry it was 09 not 06
Lenny
Old Sep 9th 2004, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

I didn't get my stamp in june I just got my stamp on Tuesday. In june they said ok everything looks good but you'll have to wait until you get cleared from the FBI
Lenny

Sorry it was 09 not 06
Lenny
OK great. Thanks for clearing that up. And congratulations on getting your LPR status.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 7:05 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I went from a K1 visa right to a PR I didn't have a condictional status becuase when I last went in I had already been married 2 1/2 years so thats why I got my PR.
Interesting. Wasn't this one of the debates recently, that some offices maintain that K1s will always be CPR regardless of the length of marriage at Adjustment?
Or is it too much caffeine today?
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Interesting. Wasn't this one of the debates recently, that some offices maintain that K1s will always be CPR regardless of the length of marriage at Adjustment?

No, you remember correctly. It was my examiner's argument and also another couple very recently.

Rete
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:28 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

It is not the caffeine LOL.. There has been 2 discussions regarding that issue lately.

Ps: Was it coffee, pop or Ice-Tea?
Old Sep 9th 2004, 8:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
It is not the caffeine LOL.. There has been 2 discussions regarding that issue lately.

Ps: Was it coffee, pop or Ice-Tea?
Cafe, claro.
I smell another cup calling me now....
Old Sep 9th 2004, 9:04 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Cafe, claro.
I smell another cup calling me now....
You "cafe" junkie!!
I can't drink anything that contains caffeine.. otherwise the world will come to an end

PS: Moderators.. can we have the old scared smiley??, This new one sucks!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Sep 9th 2004 at 9:07 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 9:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky

PS: Moderators.. can we have the old scared smiley??, This new one sucks!
Have to ask Paul about that, in the site feedback...don't think anything wrong with it myself...