Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Heads Up - K-1 Visa Works

Heads Up - K-1 Visa Works

Old Sep 27th 2023, 4:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heads Up - K-1 Visa Works

Been with the group for 26 years now. Yesterday, hubby and I celebrated our:

SILVER ANNIVERSARY - 25 Years Together

He arrived via K-1 Fiancee Visa in 1998, we married 60 days after his entry, applied for his residency, and then for his naturalization. The rest is history.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 5:19 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heads Up - K-1 Visa Works

Originally Posted by Rete

He arrived via K-1 Fiancee Visa in 1998, we married 60 days after his entry, applied for his residency, and then for his naturalization. The rest is history.
Congratulations Rete and Mr Rete. I am very happy to know the K1 visa works. (I did it too, The marriage did not work out, but the whole process was good and the end result is also good)

Old Sep 27th 2023, 5:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rete. You're two years ahead of us on marriage and three years on immigration - we married when I was on a VWP visit in early 2000, and then used a CR-1 nearly two years later to enter the US, with Mrs P spending the interim time in London with me.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 5:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Congratulations Rete and Mr Rete. I am very happy to know the K1 visa works. (I did it too, The marriage did not work out, but the whole process was good and the end result is also good)

Thanks, Rich. At least you won't have to deal with immigration again if you remarry (or have you already done that deed?).

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Congratulations Rete. You're two years ahead of us on marriage and three years on immigration - we married when I was on a VWP visit in early 2000, and then used a CR-1 nearly two years later to enter the US, with Mrs P spending the interim time in London with me.
Several ways to enter and achieve the goals of living, working and enjoying being with our loved ones. Can't wait to let loose the balloons on your 25th.
Old Sep 27th 2023, 5:50 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

Congratulations to both of you, Rete -- a big anniversary!
Old Sep 29th 2023, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Congratulations to both of you, Rete -- a big anniversary!
Morning lovely lady

Yes it was! Went for a lovely dinner and ran into some friends and enjoyed ourselves. Hope you aren't under too much water up your way.

Hugs,
Rita
Old Oct 29th 2023, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Rete! I haven't been in here for a long time, but happened to pop in today and saw your message. My wife and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary in April. She came over on K-1 also and is now a US citizen.

- Eric S.
Old Oct 29th 2023, 11:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Eric S
Congratulations, Rete! I haven't been in here for a long time, but happened to pop in today and saw your message. My wife and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary in April. She came over on K-1 also and is now a US citizen.

- Eric S.

Thank you, Eric.

Can't wait to congratulate you both on your 20th in April. Great to see you again.