Got a 221 G!!! Help!

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all
Default Re: Got a 221 G!!! Help!

Originally Posted by jamieoxford
No clues at all, He just said, congratulations, have a great life together and took my passport.

sorry for all the venting. I'm just broken hearted that this has happened.
I would be too But it will all get sorted soon hopefully

Can you change the date on your flight, and stay with relatives until you go?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No clues at all, He just said, congratulations, have a great life together and took my passport.

sorry for all the venting. I'm just broken hearted that this has happened.
Sometimes the ConOff has to go get the case signed off by a supervisor. Perhaps the supervisor noticed something that the ConOff didn't. Or, as I say, it could be a surprise name hit coming through after the interview...I believe they still run one final check.

I'm glad you posted about "don't make final plans until you have the visa in-hand". We keep saying that same thing here, but people still go ahead and make final arrangements. It's rare that something happens like this, but it CAN happen.

Hang in there...

Rene
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

jamieoxford is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Yes, can stay with relatives. It's the not knowing why it has been suspended that is so awful. Feel completely helpless.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Of course, it would happen to me.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Call the Dept of State (202) 663-1225, press 1, then 0 to speak to a person. (or have the US person call) There is no extra charge for this call, unlike calling the embassy line.

Give them your LND number and inquire about your case. See if they describe your status in the same words. Then start asking your questions. They have access to anything London has entered about the case on the computer. If it's "additional processing" (security checks), they can't tell you how long it will take or the specifics of what triggered it. If it's something else (something missing), perhaps they can tell you. Worth a try to see if you can get further information.

Let us know what you find out.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Moxie, it is indeed worth a try. I'll do this asap and will share what happened.

The crux of what makes me so unhappy is that I was told that it had been approved and that I would receive the visa. Had they given me the 221g there and then I wouldn't have ended leases etc...

We are contacting my wife's congressman in the hope that they might be able to expedite processing given that the reversal on the approval has now caused a significant financial hardship for us.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 9:07 am
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of

I was looking over some other peoples posts, who had 221g, some of the further processing seemed to be over financial part, sponsorship etc.

Is there anything you can think of? Is your wife here or in the US? maybe if she is here it could be they need further evidence of finance and domicile part. Also your older threads show you had been issued other visas when you worked in the US, maybe something there is missing from your file, hopefully they just need some further paperwork if you have no criminal background etc, hopefully it will straightforward.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

My wife called the DOS and they only confirmed to her that it was was 221g. Having done some more research on this, it seems 221g is a catchall term for processing that can range from slightly longer to substantially longer. I just have to hope that I am in the slightly longer category. I hope so.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

My wife called the DOS and they only confirmed to her that it was was 221g. Having done some more research on this, it seems 221g is a catchall term for processing that can range from slightly longer to substantially longer. I just have to hope that I am in the slightly longer category. I hope so.
I meant "shorter category".
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

I meant "shorter category".
So they wont give you any info as to exactly what is being reviewed? That annoying. But hopefully like you said, it will only be a short delay
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

I hope so britishspouse. I'd trawled all the forums and can find no case like mine. white british male, born in UK, lived in US for many years, told i'd been approved, not given a 221g form, and now in Administrative processing. If you come across any examples like mine, please send me the link, I''m very keen to see how long others had to wait.

Thanks all.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I hope so britishspouse. I'd trawled all the forums and can find no case like mine. white british male, born in UK, lived in US for many years, told i'd been approved, not given a 221g form, and now in Administrative processing. If you come across any examples like mine, please send me the link, I''m very keen to see how long others had to wait.

Thanks all.
Ill have a look around, but i suppose like they say it varies case to case

Fingers crossed its all done soon!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

JustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud ofJustSomeGuy has much to be proud of

Reading this thread made me feel physically sick! I hope it works out for you mate. Fingers crossed eh?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

thanks man.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:46 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of

I read some other peoples post's, maybe its something to do with that you lived in the US previously, and their missing a police report from when you lived there, it could have raised questions. but also on the embassy website it says they should have issued you with something on the day of your interview.

http://london.usembassy.gov/administ...rocessing.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.