Got a 221 G!!! Help!

Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

jamieoxford is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Got a 221 G!!! Help!

Today, I FINALLY RECEIVED MY VISA!!!!!

On Thursday, I got an email from the Embassy telling me that my application had been approved and that my visa would be issued last Friday. And this morning, at 7.57am, I got the package from DX and the visa in my passport. It was literally a sight for sore eyes.

Thanks so much for all of you who sent kind thoughts and support throughout this process, it is much appreciated. It has been 3.5 months since my visa interview but now I have it, I appreciate that it could have been so much longer.

Some advice for those who have their interviews in October or in the future:

1. DON'T DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE THE VISA IN YOUR HAND.
2. If the CO says that you have been "approved", don't book tickets or make any drastic plans until you have the visa in your hand.
3. If you happen to be put in additional administrative processing, in my experience, there is no evidence that calling the Department of state, getting congressional members to enquire or writing to the Embassy speeds things up. There will be no reason given and no recourse to expedite the process. The cold hard truth is that you just have to WAIT, and WAIT, and WAIT.
4. DON'T DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR VISA IN YOUR HAND.
5. DON'T DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU HAVE YOUR VISA IN YOUR HAND!!!

It is of course worth the wait.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

cyrus1341 is an unknown quantity at this point

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!

I am really pleased for you and wish you the very best!!!!

Cyrus

Originally Posted by jamieoxford

On Thursday, I got an email from the Embassy telling me that my application had been approved and that my visa would be issued last Friday. And this morning, at 7.57am, I got the package from DX and the visa in my passport. It was literally a sight for sore eyes.

Thanks so much for all of you who sent kind thoughts and support throughout this process, it is much appreciated. It has been 3.5 months since my visa interview but now I have it, I appreciate that it could have been so much longer.

2. If the CO says that you have been "approved", don't book tickets or make any drastic plans until you have the visa in your hand.
3. If you happen to be put in additional administrative processing, in my experience, there is no evidence that calling the Department of state, getting congressional members to enquire or writing to the Embassy speeds things up. There will be no reason given and no recourse to expedite the process. The cold hard truth is that you just have to WAIT, and WAIT, and WAIT.

Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

katjoeuk will become famous soon enough

I am sooooo pleased for you!!!! Congratulations

You must be sooooo relieved!!!! Good things come to those who wait
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Chris_tanj is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! So happy for you that your wait is finally over Best of luck in the states!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

katiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of lightkatiekat is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations! I'm so sorry you've had such a miserable time of it, but now it's OVER and you can finally be done!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

lorenei is on a distinguished road

Wow I was reading your whole thread with the heaviest feeling on my chest, so glad it had a happy ending! Big congratulations!!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

jamieoxford is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It's been, well, challenging, but worth the wait.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. I had earlier posted a case from when I was in practice where a case was held up for three months and the visa eventually granted.

Since the visa was granted, you won't know why it was held up.

Another story -- with a not so happy ending. Client's father had visited the US many times on a previous B-2 visa. He had an excellent immigration history. When he applied for a new B-2 visa for his daughter's wedding he was refused under 221(g). Like you, there was a certain amount of head scratching.

Four months later, he gets a formal finding of 212(a)(2)(C) -- reason to believe he was engaged in controlled substance trafficking! Dad then tells us that an old childhood friend had been arrested and jailed a few years past for trafficking, and dad had been interviewed by the police as part of their investigation because mobile phone records showed the two of them had had several phone conversations. Dad was never arrested or charged and this was from a country which does not have well developed "due process" concerns. We were unable to get that "reason to believe" denial set aside.

This was literally a case of having the "wrong" friend.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:20 pm
Is Female

gnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud ofgnasher12 has much to be proud of

well done, doesn't feel like it has been 3 and half months, it's great you finally got it and can start planning now, still would be good if they would have told you why, or some news as to what was the problem. well done!!!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

CAProgrammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!

I was planning to hand my notice in at work the day after my visa interview when the time comes, but I know better than to do that now.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations!!!!

I'd been following your case anxiously. Glad it's all sorted. What a relief.

Good luck
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Wow, how crazy is this journey you've been on. I'm just so pleased for you that your visa has finally arrived. It's part of the nightmare everyone worries about but I'm just glad that you have a happy ending.
And great advice, I was planning to book my ticket after the interview(hopefully I'll be approved) but now I'm certainly gonna wait until I have the visa in my hand.

Hope you have a great journey to the US
Old Oct 15th 2011, 3:41 am
Just Joined

artemis432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. I'm assuming it's a name hit with someone with a connection to west Africa. Who knows?
Hope it all sorts itself out soon. Best of luck!
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

craig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nice

I've just picked up on this thread, sounds like a terrible ordeal. I'm very glad to see that you finally got your Visa. Well done for hanging in there! Good luck to everyone else who is going through the process of obtaining a Visa.

It must be the uncertainty that is so uncomfortable. Not knowing exactly why it has happened, or how long it will take. Unfortunately this whole process seems to be a lottery with huge delays not uncommon, at several different stages along the way, even when it seems its all done and dusted. Terrible. I feel for you mate and for anyone else who had to endure anything similar.

I've joined/left a couple of ships in the Middle East in the past, a case of arrive at airport, stay at hotel near port, go onboard next day and then work onboard for months, then perhaps the reverse when leaving. Now my big concern is that this will make me flag up as in need of further investigating. But who knows. Maybe not. Anyway, wont know until later..... but so many possible issues all along the process, having read all the troubles people have been having.