Going back to the UK

Old May 24th 2022, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back to the UK

No worries, I will spoke for myself going forward.
Old May 24th 2022, 9:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raniyahhamilton
Ill pass the message on I don't think she will as she's seeking professional advice from a immigration attorney I just thought I'd get a quicker answer on a forum.

Again, from the previous message - it states a friend. Not me.

You seem to have edited your message but you tried to insinuate I was here illegally .. I have a right to be here in the states im married , in the process of getting my green card and have a valid visa !

Have a good day now
Being married to a US citizen does not make your presence in the US legal.

You stayed in post #1 above that the (application for a?) green card has not yet been filed.

Your visa was valid for visits of upto 6 mths, yet you said that you have been in the US for two years, AND are working "cash in hand", after entering the US on a visa that does not allow work.

It seems to me that your protests about illegality are overlooking several key facts about your decisions and circumstances.
Old May 24th 2022, 10:31 pm
Account Closed

Being married in the US while you await your green card is very valid and allowed I've done my research. My Visa is valid and my overstay is waived because I got married. You are not supposed to leave the States until you file for it and once you do you will be sent a work and travel permit.
I never said I worked cash in hand I was asking if British people here do that it was just a question.

If you have nothing positive or helpful to say please do not respond as you are spinning things the wrong way now. I know my rights and have been advised by lawyers and the immigration company im working with.

GOOD DAY NOW
Old May 24th 2022, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

You also didn't actually answer my previous question about ' can you leave if your green card is not processed yet' but you decided to answer a question that had nothing to do with you lol
Old May 24th 2022, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Being married in the US while you await your green card is very valid and allowed I've done my research. My Visa is valid and my overstay is waived because I got married. You are not supposed to leave the States until you file for it and once you do you will be sent a work and travel permit.
I never said I worked cash in hand I was asking if British people here do that it was just a question.

If you have nothing positive or helpful to say please do not respond as you are spinning things the wrong way now. I know my rights and have been advised by lawyers and the immigration company im working with.

GOOD DAY NOW
If you have lawyers and an immigration company you are working with, it seems a little redundant to come onto a public forum and ask for advice from a group of lay people......
Old May 24th 2022, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

Im entitled to seek further advice am I not ? Again.. if you don't have anything helpful to say then dont.
Old May 24th 2022, 11:46 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you have lawyers and an immigration company you are working with, it seems a little redundant to come onto a public forum and ask for advice from a group of lay people......
This retired immigration lawyer is chuckling a bit. OP sounds like a PIA client. I recall one client married to a high school football coach who repeatedly peppered me with questions. With a smile I told him he was being a PIA but his questions were good ones. We shared a laugh and he promised to keep peppering me with questions. He said I was a “good quarterback.” From time to time, I run into him at Costco. Still married to Ana, and they have two kids.

I will admit to being amused to characterization of internet searches as “research” but immigration lawyers are used to this. Of course, from time to time, that little Colombo like “one more thing” comes up.
Old May 25th 2022, 12:03 am
Account Closed

Not sure what an OP or PIA is .. must be some lawyer terminology, keep in mind im finding this out for a friend and attorneys and lawyers are not being super helpful with her this is why I came on a forum to get some knowledge on this.
Old May 25th 2022, 4:36 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what an OP or PIA is .. must be some lawyer terminology, keep in mind im finding this out for a friend and attorneys and lawyers are not being super helpful with her this is why I came on a forum to get some knowledge on this.
OP is used in these forums for “Original Poster.”

If you had done any “research” you will have read Arrabally & Yerrabelly for the answers to your questions. You realize that the issues are complicated and somewhat hard to explain. Nonetheless, you are rude to the lay people who try to help people here.

BTW, even though I represented noncitizens, I personally agreed with the dissent in Arrabally. Before I retired, I would advise clients that the case scared me and could easily go away.

Be nice.
Old May 25th 2022, 4:50 am
Account Closed

I’m not trying to be rude I feel as if people who seem to ‘know so much’ really don’t. They are rude, insinuative, and not very helpful or answer actually questions. I’m done with this forum and have asked my profile to be deleted. This is not the type of community I want to be involved with.
Old May 25th 2022, 8:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not trying to be rude I feel as if people who seem to ‘know so much’ really don’t. They are rude, insinuative, and not very helpful or answer actually questions. I’m done with this forum and have asked my profile to be deleted. This is not the type of community I want to be involved with.
Raniyah, I feel I have to stand up for our members here. Nobody has insinuated anything, you've openly admitted to being in the US illegally and to seeking cash in hand work. Moreover, you've had all of your questions answered and lots of people have kindly taken the time to help you and give you info on visas, volunteer work and transporting your cat. Your question about leaving the US has been answered, and a quick forum search for Advance Parole would tell you all about it, but it's not relevant to you anyway as you haven't filed yet.

I'm glad that you have lawyers. I hope that the 'immigration company' is lawyers, and not just a visa agency/consultant, as some of the stuff you've said isn't correct. But hopefully if you're using immigration lawyers they can sort your status out for you so you can work and leave the country.

I'm sorry that BE isn't for you, but our members are amazing and super helpful, we are a great community and it's a shame that you feel you haven't seen that.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 25th 2022 at 9:14 am.
Old May 25th 2022, 1:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Both you and your friend are in the US on a visa, have married US citizens and at least one of you have violated the terms of your B visa by overstaying the time allowed stamped in your passport at the POE.

It would behoove both of you to learn the complete process of Adjustment of Status, which includes the filing of applications for Advance Parole (AP) and Work Authorization.(EAD)

Overstaying your visa, may at the time of your AOS interview and hopefully approval, will be pardoned BUT before approval if you leave the US with OR without AP, your overstay will kick-in and you will be denied entry to the US.
Old May 25th 2022, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

I feel the answers being provided are not the answers they want to hear, hence the defensive nature of the OP. I have to also say, having gone through the whole process myself and about to naturalize tomorrow, this forum is the most helpful forum besides using attorney's. You get the answers you NEED to hear, not what you want to hear. Accept this viewpoint in life, not just here, and things will always go smoother. Nobody's intention is ever to attack you, but to provide information and answers based on information and questions from YOU, the poster.
Old May 25th 2022, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

Once again, people putting things in my mouth is not right. I did NOT state I'm here illegally or worked cash in hand I was asking if that was something that Brits do here or any advice on volunteering. I changed my question in the end. Some answers have been helpful yes and others not so much. Some of the things I asked were not even for me but for a friend which I also stated.

I am working with an Immigration company through the process not lawyers as that is way too expensive for me.

So essentially its been helpful In some ways and others not so much as I said and I will take the good advise on board.

Old May 25th 2022, 6:44 pm
Account Closed

Its hard when you are getting so many different answers from forums, attorneys and lawyers its just a bit too much to comprehend. Some of the advice was good and I will take that on board and others not so much ( by say this im not implying they said something I didn't want to hear it just came off rude or not actual answer the question )

My thing is if you don't have any advice then dont give it. If you feel that your comment may offend someone then rephrase it.

I appreciate your feedback it was very helpful

Last edited by scrubbedexpat110; May 25th 2022 at 6:48 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.