Going back to the UK

Old May 24th 2022, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going back to the UK

Hey,

Another question if anyone knows or has been through the same thing..

If a British citizen came to the US through a non immigration 10 year visa ( 6 months per visit ) to see their bf and ended up getting married before their 6 months was up but wanted to go back home, I know they can easily leave but would there be an issue coming back to the states? even though their overstay would be waived as they are married. Keep in mind the green card hasn't been filed yet but they wanted to go home to see family.. basically can they come back in to the US without an issue?

Or would it be best to wait until the green card has been filed ?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat110; May 24th 2022 at 6:11 pm.
Old May 24th 2022, 5:47 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back to the UK

Don’t leave the country until your immigration status has been stabilized.
Old May 24th 2022, 5:50 pm
Account Closed

Okay thanks fo your reply, a friend said the same thing she didn't end up going back to UK until 4 years later thankfully I had my mum come visit for 3 months
Old May 24th 2022, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

What if you're unhappy and want to leave, does that put your green card process in jeopardy? just want to know options for a friend
Old May 24th 2022, 6:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raniyahhamilton
What if you're unhappy and want to leave, does that put your green card process in jeopardy? just want to know options for a friend
If you're asking on behalf of somebody else, please ask them to join the forum and ask their own questions, thanks.
Old May 24th 2022, 6:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I you leave the US while a green card application is in process without having received "advance parole", your application will be voided and you have to start over from scratch with a new application
Old May 24th 2022, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

Thanks- I heard about advanced parole but didn't know much about it, would you be able to go into depth a bit more or link a page I can read about it?
Old May 24th 2022, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

They are unable to do so, so I am helping. Someone was very helpful below
Old May 24th 2022, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

Also, what if you haven't filed yet - so its not in 'process' would that be different
Old May 24th 2022, 6:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

They are unable to do so, so I am helping. Someone was very helpful below
Sorry, but as a general rule we don't allow questions to be asked on behalf of a third party, as often info can be missing. Hence why I asked that they join BE themselves, so others can ask them the relevant questions, to get the info needed to give good/accurate advice.

Is the person in question you? Seems to be exactly the same situation.
Old May 24th 2022, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

Ill pass the message on I don't think she will as she's seeking professional advice from a immigration attorney I just thought I'd get a quicker answer on a forum.

Again, from the previous message - it states a friend. Not me.

You seem to have edited your message but you tried to insinuate I was here illegally .. I have a right to be here in the states im married , in the process of getting my green card and have a valid visa !

Have a good day now
Old May 24th 2022, 7:01 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Okay thanks fo your reply, a friend said the same thing she didn't end up going back to UK until 4 years later thankfully I had my mum come visit for 3 months
Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry, but as a general rule we don't allow questions to be asked on behalf of a third party, as often info can be missing. Hence why I asked that they join BE themselves, so others can ask them the relevant questions, to get the info needed to give good/accurate advice.

Is the person in question you? Seems to be exactly the same situation.
Certainly sounds like it!!!
Old May 24th 2022, 7:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ill pass the message on I don't think she will as she's seeking professional advice from a immigration attorney I just thought I'd get a quicker answer on a forum.

Again, from the previous message - it states a friend. Not me.

You seem to have edited your message but you tried to insinuate I was here illegally .. I have a right to be here in the states im married , in the process of getting my green card and have a valid visa !

Have a good day now
I didn't suggest that she consulted an immigration attorney (although would agree that it's a good idea, if she's been 'living' in the US on a B2 visa!), just that she joins BE so that she can give relevant info to get correct advice. It seems she's in exactly the same situation as you, but there may be slight differences that would affect the advice given.

And my mistake, you've deleted your first post now but I thought that said yourself that you were in the US illegally, hence asking for info on working 'under the table'.
Old May 24th 2022, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

Never once said I was here illegally. I wanted to see if people were doing that here that's why I said it and I misspoke and deleted the post.
Old May 24th 2022, 7:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Never once said I was here illegally. I wanted to see if people were doing that here that's why I said it and I misspoke and deleted the post.
Fair enough, I must have misread it before you deleted it, and I thought you were the person in the post above that you said had overstayed. Another reason for not asking questions on behalf of somebody else, it can get very confusing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.