Wikiposts

getting married

Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting married

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
He can't, because he's been refused a visa. He can't use the VWP.
Ding dong........ wrong ....

Lots of people still apply for visa cos they think they have too ...
of course they get refused when told they don't need one for a
two week stay ..
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

But that's not why he was refused, we already know that because the OP has told us.

Question F on the I-94w asks if you have been refused a US visa. Granted it says you MAY not be eligible for entry into the US if you answer yes to any of the questions.

If they won't give him a B2 visa because he doesn't have enough ties to the UK, why would you think that he would be let in on the VWP? He has to tick YES for question F, so a trip to secondary, and the same questions will likely be asked as at the visa interview.

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Aug 10th 2008 at 8:58 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

If the OP has been refused a B2 Visa then i see that he will definitely be pulled up at POE...for sure this will be logged in his passport ( The denied Visa)
I would say there is a high chance he will be refused entry. The only thing i would say is that he takes paperwork to show strong ties to UK for when he reaches POE.

I really hope he gets through okay. I do wonder why the OP had to go get a B2 Visa ? Why did he lose the VWP ?

Hope this helps

Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

Says who? The only info we have been given on the reason for refusal of the visa is not enough ties to the UK.
If he was refused a B2 visa then the chances are high that he will get denied entry at POE as the refused visa is recorded on his passport so it opens the questions as to why he was refused B2 and why he can not travel on VWP ?

Is there another reason as to why he can't use VWP ?

Either way it will be best to furnish POE with all documents showing strong ties to UK if hr is travelling back to USA. For sure he will be pulled up and scrutinized.

Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Wonder if the "criminal" box should have been ticked on any previous VWP entries. Or will this one be his first one? Also wonder if he fessed up on the B2 application?

This one's starting to smell of skeletons!
I don't think failure to pay a train ticket is a CIMT. So I would think ticking "no" would be fine.

And even if declard on the visa app - it's not a CIMT.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

But that's not why he was refused, we already know that because the OP has told us.

Question F on the I-94w asks if you have been refused a US visa. Granted it says you MAY not be eligible for entry into the US if you answer yes to any of the questions.

If they won't give him a B2 visa because he doesn't have enough ties to the UK, why would you think that he would be let in on the VWP? He has to tick YES for question F, so a trip to secondary, and the same questions will likely be asked as at the visa interview.
He can still use the VW ...period .....

may get a trip to secondary..but he can still use it ..