GC interview next week

Old Mar 1st 2019, 2:41 am
Forum Regular

JuniorJ194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GC interview next week

Hi guys, i have my GC interview next week and I just want to clear a few things before I go so I;m confident I have everything!

- Firstly, a completed i-864 for my sponsors. I applied for my adjustment last July so all evidence I gave with my first i-864 is the same. Do I need to do another one? Or should I print a copy with my wives and hr father most recent W2's?
- All documentation establishing my eligibility to Adjust Status. I have my EAD and Advanced parole i-797s.. Is this all i need?
- Any immigration documentation ever issued to me. I have my passport with a paroled stamp and i could print off my most recent i-94 from Christmas. Is this ok?
- The completed medical exam - I understand that I did a medical back in the UK. Should i just bring the document for that?

If anyone could tell me the stuff they brought to the interview that would be great. It just seems like they are asking for a lot of stuff I've already submitted.

Thanks! Josh

Old Mar 1st 2019, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond reputeTheKingOfHearts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GC interview next week

I brought updated versions of any evidence submitted (newer tax returns, pay slips, W2's, insurance forms) and the officer suggested this was definitely best practice, in his words he may have chosen to issue an RFE for updated evidence had I not. It's a pain in the ass, but I'd honestly say if there is a newer version (especially since it backs up the prior) of evidence submitted, take that with you.

Personally I took:
- Mariage Cert
- Both Passports
- AP/EAD Combo Card
- Insurance listing both of us (Auto, Health & Apartment)
- Joint Bank/CC bills
- Joint utilities
- Joint cell phone plans
- Latest tax return
- Latest 3 pay slips
- Letter confirming my role & pay from HR

&& even after ALL of that, he still asked to see photos of us together (which we didn't have printed, but we did have on our phones) and to tell him about the last big thing we did together, how we met, etc.

Officer was very nice, but extremely thorough. He refused to approve us on the spot and said he'll let us know soon or he may issue an RFE if he feels the need.

Once approved, the website indicated he had in fact approved it on the day. Card arrived a week to the day later.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 4:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Assume you entered with a K-1. Sorry a bit lazy to look back at your past posts.

Rule of thumb is to bring the original everything you submitted at the time of the filing and update with current evidence of your ongoing marriage, both socially and financially.

Definitely bring the latest tax filing of your financial sponsor if they have filed already for 2018. If not, a copy of their 2017 W-2 would be good. I'm not sure of this but didn't your wife also have to file an I-864 since she is the principal financial sponsor they will go after for reimbursement of means tested monies given you? She would include her latest tax return for 2018 if filed or at least her W-2.

Have you started working yet? If so, your wife's and your salaries might be enough to eliminate the need for the joint financial sponsor.

If you did come on a K-1, bring the two NOA your now wife received for the I-129F. Bring your passport, EAD and AP. Bring your copy of the vaccination report given to you by Knightsbridge. If you are missing vaccinations, you need to get them done now and go to a panel physician and get an updated supplemented. Years ago this was mandatory regardless if you needed vaccinations or not. Today it appears to have changed.
Old Mar 1st 2019, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi!

I have the folder I took to my k-1 interview with everything still in including my vaccinations. They told me I didn’t need to get any otherwise I would have done it there and then to save the hassle.

I also have the disc disc with my lung X Ray on, will they need that? I’ve started working and I’m pretty sure I can support us both as I earn over $35k a year and there’s just two of us. I have a letter from my employer but I started only a month ago, so I need anything regarding my taxes?m even though I’ve inky just started working?

Old Mar 1st 2019, 11:27 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The x-ray is yours. No need to bring it to the interview.

Your wife filed for 2018 didn't she with you as her spouse? You can use that copy for the I-864. Make the I-864 to include both you and her salary. Give the tax return and copy of the letter from your employer and a few paystubs or bank statements showing if it is a direct deposit. Bring the joint sponsor's I-864 and evidence as well in case you need it.
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Oh so we file another I-864 together? I didn’t know you could do a joint one. I can provide a letter and I’ve got a couple pay stubs as I’ve started full time with them now. But I still have the one her father filled out last year when I initially applied for my AoS.

Yes she did do her taxes and included me and I can get her to print that off too!
Old Mar 2nd 2019, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Our interviewer loved photos. Kept some for the file. Others have said there's wasnt bothered.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Just filling out my i-864 for me and my wife. I have made the main sponsor her and put me as an additional wage within the household, is that fine or do I fill out a whole new one for me? Its a little confusing because its like im sponsoring myself lol. Also I have her father original i-864 that he did last year for the start of my AoS, im going to take it as back up in case. What i want to know is, would i be able to just take another employment letter for him and his most recent W2s with the original i-864? or do i have to fill a whole new one out for him too?
Old Mar 4th 2019, 2:01 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Your income gets added to your wife's I-864.

You don't need a ne I-864 from the joint sponsor. In fact, since your wife note qualifies financially (by including your income), you should ask for the joint sponsor's I-864 back from your file, and have them keep only your wife's new I-864 in the file.

Bring proof of your current income.

Rene
Old Mar 4th 2019, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your income gets added to your wife's I-864.

You don't need a ne I-864 from the joint sponsor. In fact, since your wife note qualifies financially (by including your income), you should ask for the joint sponsor's I-864 back from your file, and have them keep only your wife's new I-864 in the file.

Bring proof of your current income.

Rene

So I have my wives original I-864. YOURE saying I should take her father off completely and put my wages on there instead? I already have a letter for proof plus 3 pay stubs. It’s just me and my wife so we more than make the poverty line!

also do I need to do a i-864 myself or would proof of my income along with my wives be enough?
Old Mar 4th 2019, 12:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Her father's income was not included on her I-864. As a joint sponsor, he would have done a separate I-864.

Have your wife complete a new I-864, including your income as a contributing household member. You yourself do not need to complete a separate I-864 nor an I-864a.

When you get to the interview, give the officer this new I-864 and ask for her father's I-864 back, since you no longer need a joint sponsor. Get him off the hook while you can.

Rene