Financial Forms

Old Sep 26th 2017, 11:00 am
Just Joined

JustTam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial Forms

Hi I am American (living in UK) husband is English. We've been married 18 years. We have decided to sell our house and move back to the states and live with my parents who have an annex we can live in. We will have the money to show 125% poverty requirements when our house sells. Do we need to wait until it sells before we can fill in the I-130? I'm assuming if we send it in now they'll just put it on hold til we sell and have the finances to show.

Does anyone have a general idea of how long it takes to get a visa one the I-130 is sent? I'm trying to get a general idea of how long we will need to rent a place here while we wait on his visa to go through.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Forms

Originally Posted by JustTam
Hi I am American (living in UK) husband is English. We've been married 18 years. We have decided to sell our house and move back to the states and live with my parents who have an annex we can live in. We will have the money to show 125% poverty requirements when our house sells. Do we need to wait until it sells before we can fill in the I-130? I'm assuming if we send it in now they'll just put it on hold til we sell and have the finances to show.

Does anyone have a general idea of how long it takes to get a visa one the I-130 is sent? I'm trying to get a general idea of how long we will need to rent a place here while we wait on his visa to go through.
No you do not need to wait until your house is sold. You just need some evidence that you are in the process of selling. When we went through this we had the agent's listing and that was sufficient.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Assets need to be 3x the amount lacking in income. You said you have enough to show 125%, but you will need to show 3x that amount.

Rene
Old Sep 26th 2017, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

JustTam is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both!