Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Filling out I-864 while visiting the UK

Filling out I-864 while visiting the UK

Old Oct 26th 2016, 8:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filling out I-864 while visiting the UK

From the support.citizenpath.com website

"Your physical address is the address where you live."
Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnmciver
On all the government websites there is no distinction under the terms of "temporarily outside of the United States". If you could point me to where you got your information that'd be great.
I'm not sure what government websites you are referring to, or why they matter, but the difference is whether you are LIVING temporarily outside the USA, or you are VISITING temporarily outside the USA.

You are VISITING. Therefore, your permanent physical address is in the USA, your permanent mailing address is in the USA, and your country of domicile is the USA.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnmciver
.... do you just enjoy being rude.
Only to people who keep asking the same question, apparently expecting a different answer.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You are VISITING. Therefore, your permanent physical address is in the USA, your permanent mailing address is in the USA, and your country of domicile is the USA.
To be fair, this isn't the first time that an otherwise rational and lucid person has had their common sense ripped from them while being reduced to anxiety and second-guessing based on the attempt to complete a US immigration form!

Ian