Reload this Page >

Fee Bill and Packet 3 question

Fee Bill and Packet 3 question

Old Nov 4th 2002, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

beershake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fee Bill and Packet 3 question

Hi Everyone,

I just called the NVC to check if they had received my I-864, and asked about what the next steps are going to be. I'm totally confused-
she said that first we will receive a fee bill for 335$, and AFTER we send that in, we will receive the Packet 3!

Is this a new thing? I was expecting to receive the Packet 3 (with DS 230) pretty soon, and now it seems like there's going to be another round of sending stuff back and forth before they even send it out.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is this process EVER going to end or will we just be waiting for eternity!? (Sorry, just a bit frustrated)

Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2002, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

what country are you dealing with???
Old Nov 4th 2002, 5:56 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fee Bill and Packet 3 question

You're Canada, correct? Yes this is a relatively new thing. Ask Evan Audette or look for his posts. He dealt with the Fee Bill from the NVC for the K-3.

Rete

Originally posted by beershake
Hi Everyone,

I just called the NVC to check if they had received my I-864, and asked about what the next steps are going to be. I'm totally confused-
she said that first we will receive a fee bill for 335$, and AFTER we send that in, we will receive the Packet 3!

Is this a new thing? I was expecting to receive the Packet 3 (with DS 230) pretty soon, and now it seems like there's going to be another round of sending stuff back and forth before they even send it out.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is this process EVER going to end or will we just be waiting for eternity!? (Sorry, just a bit frustrated)

Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2002, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

beershake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fee Bill and Packet 3 question

Yes I'm in Canada. Thanks for your replies. I'll look for those posts.