Reload this Page >

Family Sponsor green Card

Family Sponsor green Card

Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

casasolo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Sponsor green Card

Hi

Can someone pls tell me the wait time for a green card to be issued.

My father is a USC ( American Born and bread ).

I am 34 yrs old and single, never married and his only biological child.

I was never legitimized so therfore I lost my citizenship.

Thank You

Casasolo
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Sponsor green Card

Originally Posted by casasolo
Hi

Can someone pls tell me the wait time for a green card to be issued.

My father is a USC ( American Born and bread ).

I am 34 yrs old and single, never married and his only biological child.

I was never legitimized so therfore I lost my citizenship.

Thank You

Casasolo
It depends what country you are from; details below.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_4539.html
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
It depends what country you are from; details below.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_4539.html
Sorry

I am from the United Kingdom.

Thank you for the link, but how do i read it once opened, it got dates on there.

Iam I looking at many years??

Sorry for being silly, but its all new to me.

Thank You
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry

I am from the United Kingdom.

Thank you for the link, but how do i read it once opened, it got dates on there.

Iam I looking at many years??

Sorry for being silly, but its all new to me.

Thank You
You are in the first category, which means they are currently working on cases that were filed back in January 2003. It's now July 2009, so that gives you a very rough estimate of how long it might take.

So yes, many years.

Rene
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You are in the first category, which means they are currently working on cases that were filed back in January 2003. It's now July 2009, so that gives you a very rough estimate of how long it might take.

So yes, many years.

Rene

Thats great, thank you for your help.
Did not think there would be such a long time to wait but no problem.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 8:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great, thank you for your help.
Did not think there would be such a long time to wait but no problem.
And you should note that if you get married in the next 6 years (or however many it is), you will go in to a different category with an even longer wait time. There is another thread on here from a married daughter of a USC, her wait time is 12 years I believe.

Just something to bear in mind if you suddenly meet the girl/boy of your dreams!!

Old Jul 21st 2009, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
And you should note that if you get married in the next 6 years (or however many it is), you will go in to a different category with an even longer wait time. There is another thread on here from a married daughter of a USC, her wait time is 12 years I believe.

Just something to bear in mind if you suddenly meet the girl/boy of your dreams!!

ok, thank you, I do have a long term girlfriend, however, marriage will come after my green card, as I think that would be the best route.

Can someone direct me to where I find out the costs of the application to be processed, fingerprints cost, medical costs etc... there are so many different sites, with all different answers. Im would like to know the A-Z process if possible.

Regards
Old Jul 21st 2009, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

ok, thank you, I do have a long term girlfriend, however, marriage will come after my green card, as I think that would be the best route.
It's a bit of a "pay me now, or pay me later" situation... as a GC holder, not a USC, it would take many years again to bring any future wife over once in the US.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hobbes79
It's a bit of a "pay me now, or pay me later" situation... as a GC holder, not a USC, it would take many years again to bring any future wife over once in the US.
mmmm , then the question is... should I get married before my father applys for my sponsorship??
mmm , decisions, desision... what will be the best approach here, any feedback appreciated.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

o Can someone direct me to where I find out the costs of the application to be processed, fingerprints cost, medical costs etc... there are so many different sites, with all different answers. Im would like to know the A-Z process if possible.

Regards
Those costs are highly likely to change by the time you will need to get them done, so I don't think it would help much to look at what the fees are now because you don't know what they will be 6 or so years from now.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

mmmm , then the question is... should I get married before my father applys for my sponsorship??
You should get on with life. If you want to marry, get married. If you marry and end up in a different category that will add a few years... well, at least you'll be happy waiting those few extra years. Don't plan your life around US immigration... it simply isn't worth the effort over the many years that this will take for you.

Ian
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:45 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone direct me to where I find out the costs of the application to be processed, fingerprints cost, medical costs etc...
You could make yourself a list of all the forms involved and their various costs. In general, today, $2000 about covers the application and associated costs.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You should get on with life. If you want to marry, get married. If you marry and end up in a different category that will add a few years... well, at least you'll be happy waiting those few extra years. Don't plan your life around US immigration... it simply isn't worth the effort over the many years that this will take for you.

Ian
Thank you.

Im not planning my life around it, I am only looking ahead at options.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
You could make yourself a list of all the forms involved and their various costs. In general, today, $2000 about covers the application and associated costs.

I have sent the I-130 form over to my father now to get on with.

Thats great... thank you so much, you are all very kind.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure but I think you also require to submit G325A along with I-130.

cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.