Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Embassy wont reply or acknowledge my Mail or Post

Embassy wont reply or acknowledge my Mail or Post

Old Nov 5th 2002, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

foley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Embassy wont reply or acknowledge my Mail or Post

I recently received a letter of eligibility for my V-Visa and was adviced to contact the USEmbassy her in the UK for further details and other forms(DS-156, IV-15V), to accompany the DS-3052 V-Visa form sent with my letter of eligibility.

Two weeks after writing the embassy to send the forms both by post(with a stamped SAE) and by email, the embassy has not even acknowledge or reply my mails. I have called the premium rate number twice and they said the visa office deals with all V-Visa applications and they do not have a contact number for the visa office.

what do I do now please?
Old Nov 5th 2002, 9:49 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy wont reply or acknowledge my Mail or Post

Originally posted by foley
I recently received a letter of eligibility for my V-Visa and was adviced to contact the USEmbassy her in the UK for further details and other forms(DS-156, IV-15V), to accompany the DS-3052 V-Visa form sent with my letter of eligibility.

Two weeks after writing the embassy to send the forms both by post(with a stamped SAE) and by email, the embassy has not even acknowledge or reply my mails. I have called the premium rate number twice and they said the visa office deals with all V-Visa applications and they do not have a contact number for the visa office.

what do I do now please?
have you tried email

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/moreinfo.htm

they are normal very responsive to email and not snail mail

Patrick (poster formally known as Patrick)

Last edited by Patrick; Nov 5th 2002 at 10:39 am.
Old Nov 5th 2002, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. I have just emailed them again using this contact form. I hope they will respond in 48hrs as they promised.
Old Nov 5th 2002, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

london are usually good at emailing you back, although the answers in which they reply are not always what you want to hear, my application has been at the embassy 2 weeks, i contacted them this morning and they said they had no record of it, which means its on someones desk awaiting to be put on the computer, keep trying to contact them, they will respond
Old Nov 6th 2002, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Default One Step Closer to my interview

thank God, I received the much awaited reply by post from the embassy with all the forms I need to apply for my v-visa.

one step closer to the real interview and the visa.
Old Nov 6th 2002, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Default FAO mrsstrickland

Are you applying for a v-visa as well?

Originally posted by mrsstrickland
london are usually good at emailing you back, although the answers in which they reply are not always what you want to hear, my application has been at the embassy 2 weeks, i contacted them this morning and they said they had no record of it, which means its on someones desk awaiting to be put on the computer, keep trying to contact them, they will respond
Old Nov 6th 2002, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

no im waiting for my I-130 interview, ive been back in england for 7months and im ready to go back home, but we are very lucky having to deal with london, from what ive heard they are pretty quick, good luck to you