EAD timelines....

Old Apr 17th 2004, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Siddartha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD timelines....

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I think it's because they haven't even processed the regular 1 yr card even within the lifespan of the interim, and they use their discretion as to how long they'll issue an interim for. I'd lose my temper big time if I had to get another interim on top of the one I had. It's a joke.
OK, I gotcha. I think I would be utterly fuming, too, if my interim EAD would run out and I don't have the one-year EAD yet. That leads me to a different thought. The lady at the reception counter in our Charlotte immigr. office told me that AOS from Missouri take one to one and a half year(s). It seems likely that the one year EAD could be expired before the AOS interview, let alone receiving the green card. How does that sound to you? :-/

In fact the person who issued my interim EAD told me/us that in case the 1 year EAD expires before the AOS interview, we should write to the USCIS center three months before the expiration date, not much earlier, and not later. That sounded to me that it is very likely that things take that long and we just have to apply for another EAD .... and another.

Well, in the meantime let's wait for the "real" EAD card, the first one.
Old Apr 17th 2004, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Siddartha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by GoodGirl_J
Siddartha,

my interim EAD is valid only for 90 days which will be over on May 17th. I got it in the Denver office.
Did you get it when you applied for the AOS? Did you do a walk-in? 90 days is really inconvenient. :-/
Old Apr 18th 2004, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

optimist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default for Carole

u're welcome,kiddo...

as a matter of fact u're very close to your EAD 's approval

check these :

msc0413610283 EAD app 16/04
msc0413610296 EAD app 16/04
msc0413610367 EAD app 16/04
msc0413610389 EAD app 16/04
msc0413610390 EAD app 16/04
msc0413610427 EAD app 30/03
msc0413610428 EAD app 30/03
msc0413610430 EAD app 06/04
msc0413610440 EAD app 30/03
msc0413610443 EAD app 16/04
msc0413610446 EAD app 16/04
msc0413610449 EAD app 16/04
msc0413610458 EAD app 06/04
msc0413610460 EAD app 02/04

msc0413610386 EAD RFE 12/04

gabriel
Old Apr 19th 2004, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

GoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant future

I went to get the temporary EAD on the 91st day at the local Denver office.

But here's the good news. They approved my AP and EAD online on April 16th. :-)

And yes, I believe, if the EAD is valid for one year and the AOS process isn't over by that time, we have to apply (and PAY) for another EAD...and WAIT AGAIN till they approve it! Grrrrrr.

Hang in there, your EAD can't be way too far.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Default only one for today

msc0412110640 EAD 03/02 app 19/04

gabriel........

PS : Texas highways, here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've aced the written test... i don't need glasses yet.... guess i'm not THAT old....

all i have to do now is get busy with my baby's truck...

oh..and i had the first taste of a radio station studio in america...
OMG..i miss so much my dreamjob.....

gabriel
Old Apr 20th 2004, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Default for phunklounge

i've send you some PM's with the list EAD's NOA that i've compiled

click on the BritishExpats Frum link on the left side of the page and u'll find them there in your inbox

gabriel
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:39 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for phunklounge

Originally posted by optimist
i've send you some PM's with the list EAD's NOA that i've compiled

click on the BritishExpats Frum link on the left side of the page and u'll find them there in your inbox

gabriel
More EAD's from the list approved. NOA dates in Feb.

msc0413410202 EAD 13/02.... APP APRIL 19TH
msc0413110107 EAD 11/02.... NEW CARD APRIL 15TH
msc0413110111 EAD 11/02.... NEW CARD APRIL 15TH
msc0413110135 EAD 11/02.... APP APRIL 19TH

Kate. xxxxx
Old Apr 20th 2004, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Candice is an unknown quantity at this point

More EAD's from the list approved. NOA dates in Feb.

msc0413410202 EAD 13/02.... APP APRIL 19TH
msc0413110107 EAD 11/02.... NEW CARD APRIL 15TH
msc0413110111 EAD 11/02.... NEW CARD APRIL 15TH
msc0413110135 EAD 11/02.... APP APRIL 19TH

Kate. xxxxx
It's not time to move on to February, they haven't finished with January yet! Looks like they do this in chunks -- unfortunately, mine's in one that they've decided to skip (MSC04104...) Similar numbers I've checked don't turn up any approvals either, but there are plenty a few days earlier or later approved in February or March. I'm past the 91st day now, but I'm going to hold off driving for hours to see if my approval comes soon, since I don't have time to waste an entire day until the end of the month. Maybe I'll get lucky before then and not have to take the trip...
Old Apr 20th 2004, 5:23 pm

Originally posted by Candice
It's not time to move on to February, they haven't finished with January yet! Looks like they do this in chunks -- unfortunately, mine's in one that they've decided to skip (MSC04104...) Similar numbers I've checked don't turn up any approvals either, but there are plenty a few days earlier or later approved in February or March. I'm past the 91st day now, but I'm going to hold off driving for hours to see if my approval comes soon, since I don't have time to waste an entire day until the end of the month. Maybe I'll get lucky before then and not have to take the trip...
That's what I'm hoping for too. I really don't fancy a trip to Miami, but if it's gotta be done, it's gotta be done.....

I really don't get their method of madness with these dates!

Kate. xxxxx
Old Apr 20th 2004, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, another thing I've noticed while entering receipt dates out of boredom -- some of the more recent ones now state the wait time somewhat more accurately: "It is taking between 90 and 120 days for us to process this kind of case." They might as well add instructions for how to apply for an interim card directly below that. Ought to be able to take one of those receipts directly to an office and say "Look, they're clearly stating that there's no hope. No need to wait, just go ahead and give me an interim."
Old Apr 20th 2004, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I'm hoping for too. I really don't fancy a trip to Miami, but if it's gotta be done, it's gotta be done.....

I really don't get their method of madness with these dates!

Kate. xxxxx
I'm figuring that they'll wait to approve me until the day after I decide to go get my interim...
Old Apr 20th 2004, 5:46 pm
groovalicious

phunklounge is an unknown quantity at this point

That has been my point exactly all along. Nothing is more frustrating that having your application forwarded to some central processing office when my local office is already working on late March/early Aprl EADs. The lady at the front desk in Bloomington, MN even admitted that I'd most likely have to come back on the 90th day for an interim EAD.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 6:51 pm
groovalicious

phunklounge is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL. So I just talked to Kathy over at the NBC. I asked her to check the status of my application and of course she tells me everything I already know:

NBC: "Sir, your I-765 application was received on March 2nd, 2004. The NBC is currently processing cases received on Nov 30th, 2003, so you still have a ways to go."

ME: "So basically you're telling me that I will have the wait 90 days before I can start working again?"

NBC: "Sir I don't know how long it will take. Just be patient."

ME: "My local office here in Minnesota is currently processing cases received on March 22nd."

NBC: "Well, your case is being processed at the NBC. We need to go off of what they are reporting Sir."

ME: "I understand that. But why would the local office transfer my applications to the NBC if you guys already have such a big stack waiting to be processed."

NBC: "Because the local offices are backlogged Sir."

ME: "It appears to me that it is not the local office that is backlogged, but the NBC. This new procedure seems rather counter-efficient. If my case was being handled locally I'd be back at work right now."

NBC: "You can request to have your I-765 expedited for financial reasons."

ME: "I already tried that. The NBC does not accept expedite requests. The envelope came back 'refused'. Look, all I am trying to get is that is that we as customers should have more of a saying in this procedure. Why would the local office not issue an interim EAD if the NBC processing time is estimated to exceed 90 days anyway? What kind of advantage is it to the US to have us sit at home doing nothing while we could be contributing to the economy and paying taxes and all that?"

At that point the lady didn't know what to say and was trying her hardest to get off of the phone. I let her go after she offered any additional assistance.

It's funny how their customer service department don't really know what's going on at all. It appears that the people on this newsgroups are way more knowledgeable as far as USCIS procedures are concerned.....

Christian
Old Apr 20th 2004, 7:00 pm

Originally posted by phunklounge
It's funny how their customer service department don't really know what's going on at all. It appears that the people on this newsgroups are way more knowledgeable as far as USCIS procedures are concerned.....

Christian
That's the impression I get here too!!!!! Apparently these reps at the 1800 # are just contract workers, who, in my opinion have no formal training whatsoever. I think the only reason they're hired is to aid people who don't have access to the net and can't check (inaccurate ) processing dates. I called that number to clarify what forms I needed to file AOS, and they told me that I didn't need Corey's birth cert or a G325a for him. When I attempted to file, (camping out overnight and losing a day's pay, I might add), I was sent away and told to come back when I could provide his birth cert and G325a!!!! I understand that this process can be complicated, but the rules should be the same right the way across the board, then people wouldn't get so pissed off with them.

Kate. xxx
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Maybe once we're all able to work we should apply for their jobs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.