Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

EAD Renewal - E filing or 'regular'?

EAD Renewal - E filing or 'regular'?

Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:24 am
Just Joined

business+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the rough
Default EAD Renewal - E filing or 'regular'?

My employment authorization is going to expire in three months, I was hoping I am going to be called for interview before it expires but I am not so I have to go ahead and file ASAP. I need advice. Is it better (quicker) to do e-filing or I should just file like first time. From what I understand when you e-file you have to call them first and schedule appointment and then send papers. On the other hand I am thinking if I just send application then I will already be in process. Which one you think is better? Thanks for inputs
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

business+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the roughbusiness+ is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: EAD Renewal - E filing or 'regular'?

Anyway , I e-filed today, and guess what, I got confusion No.2 Well, everybody said that one should send the supporting documents to Chicago, website says that to, but not the Confirmation Receipt. On there it says: "Please mail in any supporting documentation to this address: National Benefits Center, Attn: E-filed I-765, Lee's Summit, Mo 64064. And just to make things worst, I called 1800-genius ,twice, and off course 2 different people told me 2 different things. Why even the simple things need to be complicated. Why?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

mike2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by business+
Anyway , I e-filed today, and guess what, I got confusion No.2 Well, everybody said that one should send the supporting documents to Chicago, website says that to, but not the Confirmation Receipt. On there it says: "Please mail in any supporting documentation to this address: National Benefits Center, Attn: E-filed I-765, Lee's Summit, Mo 64064. And just to make things worst, I called 1800-genius ,twice, and off course 2 different people told me 2 different things. Why even the simple things need to be complicated. Why?

I guess Lee summit address should be correct, as Chicago Lockbox is contractor people, who collects the fee(which is done part in E-fliling) and then forward it to Lee Summit.

I am not sure, but thats what I think...BTW pen & paper is good option.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:59 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by business+
My employment authorization is going to expire in three months, I was hoping I am going to be called for interview before it expires but I am not so I have to go ahead and file ASAP. I need advice. Is it better (quicker) to do e-filing or I should just file like first time. From what I understand when you e-file you have to call them first and schedule appointment and then send papers. On the other hand I am thinking if I just send application then I will already be in process. Which one you think is better? Thanks for inputs
Hey there
I am almost in your very same situation, my EAD expires in a few months too, I am sending out my AOS in a couple days, I know I won't be approved by February so I am filing a renewal and AOS..
Good Luck!!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:47 pm
Capt. Tuttle

business+ wrote:
    >>My employment authorization is going to expire in three months, I was
    >>hoping I am going to be called for interview before it expires but I
    >>am not :( so I have to go ahead and file ASAP. I need advice. Is it
    >>better (quicker) to do e-filing or I should just file like first time.
    >>From what I understand when you e-file you have to call them first and
    >>schedule appointment and then send papers. On the other hand I am
    >>thinking if I just send application then I will already be in process.
    >>Which one you think is better? Thanks for inputs :)
    >
    >
    > Anyway , I e-filed today, and guess what, I got confusion No.2 Well,
    > everybody said that one should send the supporting documents to Chicago,
    > website says that to, but not the Confirmation Receipt. On there it
    > says: "Please mail in any supporting documentation to this address:
    > National Benefits Center, Attn: E-filed I-765, Lee's Summit, Mo 64064.
    > And just to make things worst, I called 1800-genius ,twice, and off
    > course 2 different people told me 2 different things. Why even the
    > simple things need to be complicated. Why? :)
    >

I e-filed for my wife. Our receipt said to call and get an appointment,
which we did (Orlando, FL). She was printed and photographed and we were
approved a short time ago. Her new card "is in the mail".
My point is that we did not have to send anything anywhere for the renewal.