I have not been posting here in a good few months now as I've been
working away and taking care of my family which all has been good. I
hope ye all are well and that immigration issues are not taking its
toll on you all. I hope rete , folks'vaina are keeping well as you
both helped me out so much in the past.

Well my EAD will expire on the 5th Of March 2004. My AOS interview ,
according to the BCIS will happen sometime around February 2004 , but
I wont hold my breath on that one as people's experiences range from
18 - 24 months so I'm assuming that I will be the same.

I called up the BCIS help-line today and the lady told me the
following.

That I have to re-apply using form I-765 to my local office in
Jacksonville, which recieved my original petition , including a fee of
$120.

I'm just double checking the Information I was given by the BCIS
helpdesk person because we all know how the information given to us by
them can be.

So Do I prepare the form I-765 , the same one I originally sent of to
the BCIS of my first EAD and is it correct that I have to pay the fee
again.

I will be really great full is someone can confirm this for me.

Thanking you in advance

Mick.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:09 pm
Alwyn

Default Re: EAD Renewal - Could someone confirm this please

I had to apply for renewal of my EAD also.

While waiting for the card, we received our AOS interview. So after we were
approved they cancelled the EAD renewal and never cashed the check.

I'm assuming though that had the interview not happened my renewal would have
went forward as normal.

AC

Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Our experiences with renewing EADs is contained in the paragraph below and is what we, ourselves, did when renewing by mail.

Yes, she is correct but did not, in my honest layman's opinion, give you all the options. You can, indeed, file for a renewal EAD by completing and sending the I-765 to the local USCIS office (note the name change). However, you can also do it via the internet through the USCIS official website these days. Others who have done it this way have been advised to call for an appointment for the biometric singular fingerprint and photo to be done. They then reported that they received the EAD card in anywhere from two weeks to two months after fingerprint/photo appointment. Doesn't seem like a bad way to go.

Either way, yes you have to pay once again for the privilege of earning taxable income. You can only use the online filing if you have a credit card. If you don't (and I recall your precarious financial situation) you should file by mail. Either way, I would do so at minimum 90 days before expiration of the present EAD.

Rete

PS We're good here. Less than 4 weeks and hubby goes for naturalization interview and test. I believe you were asking about Mr. Folinskyinla and I believe he is well as his presence is still very prominent on the forum.

Originally posted by Going Insane F*Ing Ins
How ya all,

I have not been posting here in a good few months now as I've been
working away and taking care of my family which all has been good. I
hope ye all are well and that immigration issues are not taking its
toll on you all. I hope rete , folks'vaina are keeping well as you
both helped me out so much in the past.

Well my EAD will expire on the 5th Of March 2004. My AOS interview ,
according to the BCIS will happen sometime around February 2004 , but
I wont hold my breath on that one as people's experiences range from
18 - 24 months so I'm assuming that I will be the same.

I called up the BCIS help-line today and the lady told me the
following.

That I have to re-apply using form I-765 to my local office in
Jacksonville, which recieved my original petition , including a fee of
$120.

I'm just double checking the Information I was given by the BCIS
helpdesk person because we all know how the information given to us by
them can be.

So Do I prepare the form I-765 , the same one I originally sent of to
the BCIS of my first EAD and is it correct that I have to pay the fee
again.

I will be really great full is someone can confirm this for me.

Thanking you in advance

Mick.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
Our experiences with renewing EADs is contained in the paragraph below and is what we, ourselves, did when renewing by mail.

Yes, she is correct but did not, in my honest layman's opinion, give you all the options. You can, indeed, file for a renewal EAD by completing and sending the I-765 to the local USCIS office (note the name change). However, you can also do it via the internet through the USCIS official website these days. Others who have done it this way have been advised to call for an appointment for the biometric singular fingerprint and photo to be done. They then reported that they received the EAD card in anywhere from two weeks to two months after fingerprint/photo appointment. Doesn't seem like a bad way to go.

Either way, yes you have to pay once again for the privilege of earning taxable income. You can only use the online filing if you have a credit card. If you don't (and I recall your precarious financial situation) you should file by mail. Either way, I would do so at minimum 90 days before expiration of the present EAD.

Rete

PS We're good here. Less than 4 weeks and hubby goes for naturalization interview and test. I believe you were asking about Mr. Folinskyinla and I believe he is well as his presence is still very prominent on the forum.
Hi:

Yes, I'm here and you gave the same advice I would have. Only thing to add is that you should do it 90 days before your current EAD expires -- that way if you do NOT get it -- you can get an interim one when the time comes.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete

Rete

If the original EAD was applied for and received through MSC because I haven't been able to apply for AOS yet (I'm on K3 and waiting for I-130 approval thru TSC) do I send renewal for EAD to MSC also or now to TSC?

From what I've read on the form it says TSC but that is not where I received the original EAD from?

Anyone know?

Susie