EAD and getting it!!

Old Sep 28th 2001, 1:07 am
Gerry Speirs

Hey, i went to the INS building in Los Angeles today to get my EAD card,this is how
it went for anyone who has an appt coming up.Appointment was for 11.am,arrived
at10.am.Two lines one was scarily long and had a lot of fed up looking people in it
,the other was scarily short with happy people,i figured what line i would like to be
in!!.The short line was the appointment line.5 mins to get in the building using
passport and straight to room b 232,one floor down.once there i.d checked again and
told to join another line in the room this is where you say goodbye to anyone who
came with you.strictly only the applicant allowed in.Waited in line for 10 mins and
desk woman asked me to check my name and dob then put fingerprint onto paper,then
wait 5 mins for call to get a pic taken another 5-10mins and another call to collect
card,as easy as pie,made my way back to the ground floor and hugged my wife who had
brought a mountain of paperwork to keep her self busy and had just started to look at
it,left the building at
10.45.Dont worry about keeping to your appt time as i heard 2 officers talking about
how they were taking 11am's and even 12.oo's and it was only after 10.Next step
was ss card and that was a breeze as well no problems and i get the card in two
weeks,the day went TO well but good luck to anyone in this position, Gerry.