EAD Before biometrics?

Old Sep 9th 2004, 9:12 pm
Banned

Jacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant future
Default EAD Before biometrics?

After filing for AOS after a K-1 marriage, is it possible to obtain the EAD before the biometrics procedure or do you have to complete that first? This scenerio is that all AOS has been completed, sent in, and recieved notice of reciept, and have biometrics appointment.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 9:13 pm
Banned

Jacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant futureJacob24 has a brilliant future
Default Re: EAD Before biometrics?

Originally Posted by Jacob24
After filing for AOS after a K-1 marriage, is it possible to obtain the EAD before the biometrics procedure or do you have to complete that first? This scenerio is that all AOS has been completed, sent in, and recieved notice of reciept, and have biometrics appointment.

I am just trying to look ahead as things progress for us.
Old Sep 9th 2004, 9:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacob24
Have to do biometrics for the EAD anyway, so it'll count for both when you make biometrics appointment....
Old Sep 9th 2004, 9:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob
Have to do biometrics for the EAD anyway, so it'll count for both when you make biometrics appointment....

Thank you very much ! Have a nice day
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:14 pm
Lurker, Part-time Poster

celinelopez will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
i am applying for walk-in EAD next week, what if i still havent received appointment for biometrics? will i have to go back again for that or does the ead biometrics count?
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:19 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celinelopez
i am applying for walk-in EAD next week, what if i still havent received appointment for biometrics? will i have to go back again for that or does the ead biometrics count?
I don't know the answer to your question, but on a related note there are two sets of prints taken: the right thumbprint which is for the EAD, and a set of whole hand (both hands) prints taken for AOS. My husband had both sets done at his appt. for his EAD. I suspect since prints are only "good" for a limited time, he'll have to go back to do the whole hand AOS prints again before his AOS interview. (We're going through Chicago which is currently working on AOS apps from two years ago).

~SecretGarden
Old Sep 10th 2004, 7:54 pm
Lurker, Part-time Poster

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
I don't know the answer to your question, but on a related note there are two sets of prints taken: the right thumbprint which is for the EAD, and a set of whole hand (both hands) prints taken for AOS. My husband had both sets done at his appt. for his EAD. I suspect since prints are only "good" for a limited time, he'll have to go back to do the whole hand AOS prints again before his AOS interview. (We're going through Chicago which is currently working on AOS apps from two years ago).

~SecretGarden
ic... I guess that's 2 separate biometrics appointments then... thanks so much, now I know what to expect with fingerprinting...
Old Sep 10th 2004, 8:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celinelopez

You don't wait for the appointment to be assigned, you call the number they send you with the notice and make the appointment yourself.

And yes, even with the interim you still need to do biometrics as they call it. You need to do the ten fingerprints for the security check and you need to do the single fingerprint and photo for the manufacturer of the one year EAD. Reports are that the interim EAD is good only for several months.

Rete
Old Sep 12th 2004, 2:15 am
Lurker, Part-time Poster

Originally Posted by Rete
You don't wait for the appointment to be assigned, you call the number they send you with the notice and make the appointment yourself.

And yes, even with the interim you still need to do biometrics as they call it. You need to do the ten fingerprints for the security check and you need to do the single fingerprint and photo for the manufacturer of the one year EAD. Reports are that the interim EAD is good only for several months.

Rete
oh but they didnt send me any phone number, it's not even mentioned anywhere on my notice (this notice is from the Sacramento sub office). Should I contact them and ask anyway? I already made an appointment for my EAD, do you think I can ask them if I can do the biometrics too?