Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Does Vacc Supp hold up EAD????

Does Vacc Supp hold up EAD????

Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Does Vacc Supp hold up EAD????

I have an RFE for the vaccination supplement for my AOS. However I cant get an appointment with a Civil Surgeon until Sept 13th. I dont really mind for the AOS but Im worried that this might hold up my EAD processing. Does anyone know if thats the case? Ive had biometrics done for both.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

arijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rougharijit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Does Vacc Supp hold up EAD????

Originally Posted by MiniBrit
I have an RFE for the vaccination supplement for my AOS. However I cant get an appointment with a Civil Surgeon until Sept 13th. I dont really mind for the AOS but Im worried that this might hold up my EAD processing. Does anyone know if thats the case? Ive had biometrics done for both.
I have read, on visajourney.com, that an RFE on the AOS case "suspends" processing on the associated AP & EAD cases. I don't know how true that is.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

jasonabc will become famous soon enough

I have an RFE for the vaccination supplement for my AOS. However I cant get an appointment with a Civil Surgeon until Sept 13th.
Unless you need any vaccinations, all you need a Civil Surgeon to do is sign and date the form that you need (they provide this not you). Find your nearest one and just pop in there and ask him to sign it. Prices for the scribble vary greatly - mine was $50 bucks. It only takes him a minute. You shouldn't need an appointment.

cheers

Jason
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasonabc
Unless you need any vaccinations, all you need a Civil Surgeon to do is sign and date the form that you need (they provide this not you). Find your nearest one and just pop in there and ask him to sign it. Prices for the scribble vary greatly - mine was $50 bucks. It only takes him a minute. You shouldn't need an appointment.

cheers

Jason
Yes, all my vaccinations are up to date so I just need them to sign the form. I was unaware I didn't need an appointment, I will try the approach you suggest. Many thanks
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, all my vaccinations are up to date so I just need them to sign the form. I was unaware I didn't need an appointment, I will try the approach you suggest. Many thanks
Just as an aside - the doc who signed mine wouldn't sign the form initially until he'd given me a full medical. As I came in on a K1 I'd already had a medical at the US Embassy in London so didn't need another one. I just needed him to sign the form! It took a while for me to get this through to him (to the point of being obnoxious!) and lots of members on here have had the same problem so be prepared and don't take any s***!

;-)
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Just as an aside - the doc who signed mine wouldn't sign the form initially until he'd given me a full medical. As I came in on a K1 I'd already had a medical at the US Embassy in London so didn't need another one. I just needed him to sign the form! It took a while for me to get this through to him (to the point of being obnoxious!) and lots of members on here have had the same problem so be prepared and don't take any s***!

;-)
great, Im a K-1 too so I will be be prepared, thanks for the warning!! Hubby is going to take me to one nearby tomorrow so I'll also take the original doc from the London Embassy to show I've had the Medical and that I was just missing the jabs which I subsequently obtained and have documentation (& sent copies to USCIS a lot of good it did me)....
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by arijit
I have read, on visajourney.com, that an RFE on the AOS case "suspends" processing on the associated AP & EAD cases. I don't know how true that is.
thanks Arijit, gald to see you have joined this forum too!!!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

;-)
another quick question for you. I've just reviewed the vaccination requirements (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...cinechart.html) and Varicella (Chickenpox) is a required vaccination, however its not available in the UK. Did the civil surgeon sign your Vacc Supp without you having this? or did you get the vaccination outside of the UK? Just wondering...
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

another quick question for you. I've just reviewed the vaccination requirements (http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...cinechart.html) and Varicella (Chickenpox) is a required vaccination, however its not available in the UK. Did the civil surgeon sign your Vacc Supp without you having this? or did you get the vaccination outside of the UK? Just wondering...
I had chickenpox when I was a kid so didn't need (and never received) the vaccine for it! The one I had trouble with in England was the MMR jab so I got that done in the States instead. If you were missing any jabs, the US Embassy would have told you when you had your medical with them so it sounds like you are totally fine.

cheers

Jason
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

I had chickenpox when I was a kid so didn't need (and never received) the vaccine for it! The one I had trouble with in England was the MMR jab so I got that done in the States instead. If you were missing any jabs, the US Embassy would have told you when you had your medical with them so it sounds like you are totally fine.

cheers

Jason
Ok great, thanks. Im pretty sure I had it as a kid too, I think I had all of them, (chicken pox german measles & mumps) plus I got the MMR jab in UK so I should be ok. thanks again!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Ok great, thanks. Im pretty sure I had it as a kid too, I think I had all of them, (chicken pox german measles & mumps) plus I got the MMR jab in UK so I should be ok. thanks again!
When I went for my vaccination supplement theywouldn't accept the fact that I had chickenpox without a date so make sure you know at least what year you had it (you could make up a year as who's going to know). I had a few problems with this as they wanted to give me a vaccine for it but I was at the time trying to have a baby and didn't want it as you can't try for a baby for 3 months. In the end I asked my mum when I had it and she informed me what year.

I went to another civil surgeon in the end who ended up being a lot friendlier and cheaper!!!