Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Does my wife need to file G-325-A with my AOS?

Wikiposts

Does my wife need to file G-325-A with my AOS?

Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does my wife need to file G-325-A with my AOS?

!

Originally Posted by janadeen
I urge you- WhatEVER it is that you have to do, do it, get some money and get a lawyer who'll wk out a payment plan with you. You CAN find one.

You should NOT be handling this yourself. This isn't meant to be harsh or sarcastic but from your posts - it's just a fact.
Get a lawyer.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:42 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toastytoast33
I thought that I read somewhere that the G-28 was supposed to be filed with the I-485 application. I was just wondering if it could be submitted at a later stage.

Where exactly did you read this? It would appear that reading is not one of your stronger suits. Noorah and Janadeen have both advised you that the G-28 is completed by your attorney, trust them on that.

You have also been advised to call Catholic Charities as you have no other means to engage an attorney. Have you done this? As you haven't given your location here are a few links to these organisations. You will find similar in your area by searching Google or your local phone book.

http://www.ccsnewark.org/refugee_immigration.html
http://www.nccbuscc.org/mrs/immigrationassistance.shtml
http://www.catholiccharitiesok.org/immigration.html
http://www.ips-dc.org/campaign/help.htm
http://www.ccsnn.org/Immigration.asp

Good Luck with your case.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

The couple of lawyers that you spoke to, and the 50 thru out Ohio that you contacted, NONE of them deal in payment plans? Not one?

What of your wife's resources - does she work?

It's perfectly fine if you don't want to share - totally understnad - but I'll ask anyway.

Was told today on the phone by immigration that the petition is still valid. Apparently because I got an RFE for my medical, the I-130 got processed seperately from the I-485.

I also spoke to a couple of lawyers too and they confirmed that the I-130 should still be valid.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:02 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janadeen
The couple of lawyers that you spoke to, and the 50 thru out Ohio that you contacted, NONE of them deal in payment plans? Not one?

It's perfectly fine if you don't want to share - totally understnad - but I'll ask anyway.
I also find it hard to believe not one single lawyer would work out a payment plan.

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that I read somewhere that the G-28 was supposed to be filed with the I-485 application. I was just wondering if it could be submitted at a later stage.
Only a lawyer would know if the G-28 can be filed only at time of AOS, or if it can be filed later. That's something the LAWYER fills out. You don't need to worry about it.

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

toastytoast33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Where exactly did you read this? It would appear that reading is not one of your stronger suits. Noorah and Janadeen have both advised you that the G-28 is completed by your attorney, trust them on that.
I thought I had read that the G-28 had to be submitted with the I-485, but I probably misread it since reading is not one of my stronger suits

What I was wondering was if I submitted the I-485 and then later got an attorney, can I submit the G-28 (or can the laywer submit it) at a later stage. Wait...don't tell me...I need to ask a lawyer that question right!

You have also been advised to call Catholic Charities as you have no other means to engage an attorney. Have you done this? As you haven't given your location here are a few links to these organisations. You will find similar in your area by searching Google or your local phone book.
I am in Ohio, that's why I contacted lawyers in Ohio. Perhaps reading is not one of your stronger suits
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Only a lawyer would know if the G-28 can be filed only at time of AOS, or if it can be filed later. That's something the LAWYER fills out. You don't need to worry about it.
Okay, so I guess what you're trying to say then is that I need a lawyer.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:04 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I had read that the G-28 had to be submitted with the I-485, but I probably misread it since reading is not one of my stronger suits

What I was wondering was if I submitted the I-485 and then later got an attorney, can I submit the G-28 (or can the laywer submit it) at a later stage. Wait...don't tell me...I need to ask a lawyer that question right!

I am in Ohio, that's why I contacted lawyers in Ohio. Perhaps reading is not one of your stronger suits
G-28 question has been previously answered. Read previous replies to questions you have asked.

Reading - Perhaps not, but then I'm not the one asking for help am I
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

... and the 50 lawyers thru out Ohio that you contacted, NONE of them deal in payment plans? Not one?

Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:58 am

That's pretty much the gist of what everyone (not just me) is telling you, yes.

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:07 am

You can get a lawyer at any stage of immigration you want. Whenever you get a lawyer, the lawyer will file whatever he needs to, to be your attorney on record (I'm guessing that's the G-28). Yes, you can get an attorney at any time throughout the immigration process. It will be to your benefit to do it sooner rather than later, in my opinion.

Rene
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:03 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what or where the problem is but I did read your post that you are not a comprehensive reader. The instruction sheets tell you exactly what documents are needed to go with each one and in that regard are simple enough.

Don't know what your complications are other than having previously filed for AOS and then not followed up on an RFE, left the country and then returned and are remaining to try to adjust status once again. While I find it difficult to believe that you re-entered without having the thought of staying here in your mind, that does not mean that the examiner will think the same, although they might and that is certainly a very big complication.

You've yet to touch on the affidavit of support. If your wife is not working and has your family includes kids, can she qualify for the financial sponsorship of you as an immigrant? If not, do you have a joint sponsor in line to fulfill the requirement?

Perhaps you might be best off returning to the UK and returning back to work and doing the finalization of adjustment through the US Consulate in London with your previously approved I-130. This way you can have some money to play with and return to the US as a resident.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:20 am

It just occurred to me, that the OP is saying he has applied for AOS before (doesn't say how long ago, but shouldn't have been too long since the I-130 is supposedly still valid). Yet here he is asking for direction in how to do it (how many G-325A's and such).

Wouldn't the OP already know what to do, considering he's done it once before? And hopefully kept copies of what they previously submitted?

To the OP, if the only thing wrong with your previous AOS was that it was lacking the medical, then just do exactly the same thing you did before, but this time include the medical. Easy as that.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's pretty much the gist of what everyone (not just me) is telling you, yes.

Rene
I have managed to find a place in Ohio offering legal services to immigrants at a reduced rate.

They are Community Refugee & Immigration Services of Central Ohio and their website is...

http://www.cris-ohio.com/
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: Does my wife need to file G-325-A with my AOS?

Three copies of G-325a for you and one copy of G-325a for your wife.
I called the service centre and was told three copies of G-325-A, one for me, one for my spouse and one for my co-sponsor! This can't be right can it?

I don't see anywhere on any of the forms i'm submitting that the co-sponsor has to submit a G-325-A!!!

I still don't see how you come up with three for me. The I-485 requires me to complete one G-325-A. The I-130 requires one G-325-A for me and another for my spouse.

It doesn't say anything about G-325-A on the I-864 affidavit of support form.

Sorry to still be going on about this but I just wanted to clarify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.