Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Does my wife need to file G-325-A with my AOS?

Wikiposts

Does my wife need to file G-325-A with my AOS?

Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

toastytoast33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Does my wife need to file G-325-A with my AOS?

I'm from the UK and married to a US citizen and am currently filing for adjustment of status.

I originally came over with my wife on VWP last December but ended up staying due to custody problems with my wife's daughter, and have now decided to stay.

My wife has already filed the petition (I-130).

When sending my I-485 do I have to include the Biographic Information G-325-A for my wife or just myself?

Thanks
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:19 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does my wife need to file G-325-A with my AOS?

Originally Posted by toastytoast33
I'm from the UK and married to a US citizen and am currently filing for adjustment of status.

I originally came over with my wife on VWP last December but ended up staying due to custody problems with my wife's daughter, and have now decided to stay.

When sending my I-485 do I have to include the Biographic Information G-325-A for my wife or just myself?

Thanks

Three copies of G-325a for you and one copy of G-325a for your wife.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Three copies of G-325a for you and one copy of G-325a for your wife.
Three copies for me, each with four pages? Wow, I thought I only had to submit one copy (four pages)??
Old Jul 24th 2006, 10:59 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hold on....the I-130 has already been filed? When and why?

If you are applying for AOS after coming here by some other means, you will need to file the I-130 and I-485 plus all the supporting documents and forms together. You guys will need 3 G-325A's total. Two go with the I-130 (1 for you, 1 for your wife), and one goes with the I-485 (1 for you).

If you guys have already sent off the I-130, then you're doing it wrong.

Rene
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hold on....the I-130 has already been filed? When and why?

If you are applying for AOS after coming here by some other means, you will need to file the I-130 and I-485 plus all the supporting documents and forms together. You guys will need 3 G-325A's total. Two go with the I-130 (1 for you, 1 for your wife), and one goes with the I-485 (1 for you).

If you guys have already sent off the I-130, then you're doing it wrong.

Rene
A previous application for AOS was denied due to a RFE not being dealt with. The I-130 was approved but the I-485 was denied.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

A previous application for AOS was denied due to a RFE not being dealt with. The I-130 was approved but the I-485 was denied.
So wouldn't you then need to fill out a new I-130 for this AOS? I'm not sure how long an I-130 approval is good for.

I still think an attorney is a good idea, esp now with a denial in your past.

Rene
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

So wouldn't you then need to fill out a new I-130 for this AOS? I'm not sure how long an I-130 approval is good for.

I still think an attorney is a good idea, esp now with a denial in your past.

Rene
Problem is I don't have any cash spare for an attorney right at this moment. I need to get something filed because i'm out of status.

I had a free consultation but it didn't really help with the more complicated matters.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:48 am

Problem is I don't have any cash spare for an attorney right at this moment. I need to get something filed because i'm out of status.
I see. In that case, file a new I-130 along with your AOS, just to be on the safe side, since we don't know for sure if the original one is still "approved".

I had a free consultation but it didn't really help with the more complicated matters.
Yes, I can certainly understand that. One thing I'm curious about is that you refer to some matters as complicated....but you said you didn't want to hire an attorney until matters get complicated.

You want to get something filed because you're out of status, understandable. But what you really need is to get things all filed right the first time. If you end up filing wrong, you'll still be out of status, and even more so due to more delays/RFEs/denials. If at all possible, get a loan or something and get a professional to help you do it right the first time and avoid problems before they do become a more complicated. Just my opinion and advice.

Rene
Old Jul 24th 2006, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

I will check on the approved I-130 tomorrow to see if it is still approved in the system and post back here.

Thanks for the help everyone has provided so far!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is I don't have any cash spare for an attorney right at this moment.
Many people would consider immigration to be pretty important in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps you should consider a credit card or a personal loan to pay for the attorney's fees. Immigration is not for the feint of heart, and you already have a poor track record with them and don't want to screw it up again, right? I only say this because you seem to be posting the same questions over and over in different threads in a desperate attempt to get definitive answers where none exist... at least, not from the lay persons who inhabit this newsgroup.

Ian
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Many people would consider immigration to be pretty important in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps you should consider a credit card or a personal loan to pay for the attorney's fees. Immigration is not for the feint of heart, and you already have a poor track record with them and don't want to screw it up again, right? I only say this because you seem to be posting the same questions over and over in different threads in a desperate attempt to get definitive answers where none exist... at least, not from the lay persons who inhabit this newsgroup.

Ian
I definately don't want to screw it up again, i'm simply working with the limited resources I have available at this moment in time. I should have planned things a little better I know.

How can I apply for a credit card or personal loan when I don't have a social security number over here?
Old Jul 24th 2006, 5:21 pm

I definately don't want to screw it up again, i'm simply working with the limited resources I have available at this moment in time. I should have planned things a little better I know.

How can I apply for a credit card or personal loan when I don't have a social security number over here?
Perhaps the USC can get a loan more easily than you can?

Many attorneys will work out a payment plan with you. It's not like you have to pay a huge amount all at once.

You might even try finding an attorney who would do some pro bono work, that way it won't cost you anything. Also, there are charity organizations such as Catholic Charities that have immigration departments to help those who can't affort a lawyer.

Do try calling the 800 number, but do your best to keep speaking to higher-ups until you actually get a knowledgeable immigration officer....not just the first person who takes your call.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 25th 2006, 12:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well, a VISA card is still a VISA card regardless of the country in which you use it. I figured you'd use a UK credit card... or perhaps your USC wife could help out - getting you legal seems to be in her best interest also. However, as Rene points out, there are less expensive alternatives.

Ian
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Perhaps the USC can get a loan more easily than you can?

Many attorneys will work out a payment plan with you. It's not like you have to pay a huge amount all at once.

You might even try finding an attorney who would do some pro bono work, that way it won't cost you anything. Also, there are charity organizations such as Catholic Charities that have immigration departments to help those who can't affort a lawyer.

Do try calling the 800 number, but do your best to keep speaking to higher-ups until you actually get a knowledgeable immigration officer....not just the first person who takes your call.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Any advice on how to find a good attorney?
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:20 am

Any advice on how to find a good attorney?
Check out www.aila.org. These attorneys are members of this national organization.

Do you not want to use the one who gave you the free consultation? He would already be familiar with your case.

Make sure you tell the attorney every detail of your case...don't leave anything out. On the forum it seems like you have a way of only telling some very basic info until pushed for further details...don't do that with the attorney. Make a list and ask every single question you can think of. Get it in writing from the attorney exactly what his services include, for what cost.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jul 25th 2006 at 5:23 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.