Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Documents needed for US Visa Appointment

Documents needed for US Visa Appointment

Old Dec 9th 2018, 4:28 am
Just Joined

katiemack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documents needed for US Visa Appointment

My husband has a US visa appointment at the embassy in London and I have a question about the documents he needs to bring with him to his interview. I've seen a few different things online about what he is required to bring. I know that he needs copies and originals of his documents, but does he need original and copies of my affidavit of support documents I submitted or just copies?
Old Dec 9th 2018, 11:42 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents needed for US Visa Appointment

For other people = CR1 visa application.

Originals of everything he has submitted thus far. The reality is he probably won't need them.
Old Dec 9th 2018, 11:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I've asked for your thread to be transferred to the marriage-based visa forum

Since you obviously went through the states for your husband's CR-1 and the I-864 was submitted for approval before it was sent to the US Embassy, then no, he doesn't need a copy of the I-864. It is in the package of documents that NVC couriered to the Embassy. You are correct, however, that he should bring a copy and an original of all other documents. They will ask for what they need and he can give them the copies. Also if there were any originals that you submitted that you would like back, he can ask that the original be substituted with a copy and give them the copy. He would do this during the actual interview, not while he is being seen by the first person.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

katiemack is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your help! Does he need to bring originals of my financial evidence from me and my other household member that’s income we’re including? Or can those just be copies?
Old Dec 15th 2018, 7:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The I-864 needs to be the original. The supporting documents for the I-864 can be copies.