K1 Visa Timeline

Old Dec 17th 2018, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Lolskut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa Timeline

Hi All,

I have decided to go with the K1 visa as a route for me to move to America. I have been with my Girlfriend (US Citizen, Indiana) for 6 year and we have met multiple times. I am trying to move from the UK to there.

We're just trying to work out a timescale when we would start the proccess so I could be there within the next two years (preferably summer of 2020). Just would ike to poll from others who have done it how long each art of the proccess took. Thanks in advance all!
Old Dec 18th 2018, 12:16 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K1 Visa Timeline

From filing the I-129F to getting visa in hand can take 12 to 18 months, so work backwards. The visa itself will be valid for 6 months from the date of the medical exam, so that also gives you a few months leeway.

Don't make any wedding plans that can't be refunded or changed. You never know exactly how long it will take.

That's the current timeline.... it can and does fluctuate over time.

Rene
Old Dec 18th 2018, 12:19 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

For each part... figure 5 to 7 months for I-129F approval, a month or so through NVC, and then another 3 or 4 months for the medical and visa interview.

Rene
Old Dec 18th 2018, 12:45 am

Just out of curiosity, why are you choosing the K-1 fiance visa over the CR-1 spouse immigrant visa?

Rene
Old Dec 18th 2018, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

01morrissonj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lolskut
Hi All,
I have decided to go with the K1 visa as a route for me to move to America. I have been with my Girlfriend (US Citizen, Indiana) for 6 year and we have met multiple times. I am trying to move from the UK to there.
We're just trying to work out a timescale when we would start the proccess so I could be there within the next two years (preferably summer of 2020). Just would ike to poll from others who have done it how long each art of the proccess took. Thanks in advance all!
Morning,

Myself (UKC) and my fiancée (USC) are most of the way through the K1 process.
We filed the I-129F petition at the end of March 2018, took 6 months before it was approved at the start of October.
At the end of October We had notification that it had been transferred to the embassy in London.
Through November I gathered all the necessary paperwork such as the DS-160, police record and medical records.
My medical was the first week of December.
My interview is booked for the first week in January.
I am aiming to emigrate the first week in February.

So almost a whole year from beginning to end.

Hope this helps.