Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Did I submit enough "proof of relationship"?

Did I submit enough "proof of relationship"?

Old Apr 25th 2003, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default Did I submit enough "proof of relationship"?

Hi,

I have sent all the stuff off to my fiancee in the USA for proof of relationship, but am now worried (probably without reason =P) that we are going to get an RFE as there wasnt enough proof of relationship sent it.

I sent :-

1 photo of us together taken in Dulles Airport in Feb
Copy of hotel booking in Paris Dec 02
Copy of flight booking for Paris Dec 02
Boarding Passes for two trips to DC this year
Itenary copies for the 2 DC trips
Copy of passport stamps for US entry
a Phone Bill showing 3-6 calls a day
a copy of a receipt from Safeway showing her name (used her loyalty card) and my name (my credit card used to pay for goods)

Did I send enough proof or am I worried with reason?

We met in Dec 02 in RL for the first time for 3 days and have met twice since for 10 days each time.

Thanks in advance
Lee
Old Apr 25th 2003, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Just one photo is a little limited, but having said that, I have seen some people who claim sending too many photo's might appear to be a little overkill. All your other evidence seems fine to me though. I dont think you need to worry too much.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:12 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent 2 pics, a phone bill, flight stubs, a few emails, a copy of my passport stamp, and we were approved. It's probably best to send a little of everything, which you seem to have done. I shouldn't worry too much.
Kate. xxxx
Old Apr 25th 2003, 1:35 pm
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

I've been thinking about that too - we sent a sampling more than a load of stuff:

3 pictures of us together
All our itineraries from the travel agencies
2 emails from each of us
2 copies of cards we'd sent each other
the receipt for the engagement ring
Old Apr 25th 2003, 2:33 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Lee, although I have not been approved yet and might not be the best example; you can look at my petition at

www.frontier-trading.com/k1.htm

Scott
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

oh no... just looked at your site and...

Form I-129F is pretty simple to fill out, but G-325A is a little more tricky. Need four sets and four sets of photos.

four photos? Dont tell me I have fallen at the first hurdle!!!

I cant believe i was so stupid ;(

A very down Lee
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

The G-325 are 4 each in duplicate, but you only need 2 photo per person - 4 total.
Your evidence is exactly what I sent in & I was approved last week.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

So... was I right to send two photos of myself in total with the Bio Form then ? I am a little confused now.

My fiancee has filled in the I-129F and it said you required one of each for that, and then the Bio Form I put one with too... can someone confirm for me please?
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leebarton
So... was I right to send two photos of myself in total with the Bio Form then ? I am a little confused now.

My fiancee has filled in the I-129F and it said you required one of each for that, and then the Bio Form I put one with too... can someone confirm for me please?
Yes, you are right. 2 photos from you and 2 photos from her. Only one I-129 F form. The Bio forms have 4 copies for each person, they are all duplicate, but they cannot be photocopies. silly i know. If you only sent one, just have her print out 3 more and copy the info onto them. Thats what I did. My fiance only sent me one also.
Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:49 pm
Scott and Nanette

Leo,

When you use the G-325 fillable files in Acrobat 5.0 they come out as quatriplicates. Also the paper forms that they mailed me were also in carbon copy sets of four. As far as I know the instructions say all four. Most people that I have met on here only send two and have no problem. I think that it was Mikkitango who only send one and was just approved the other day without a hitch. Soooo....... relax Should be OK....

Scott
Old Apr 25th 2003, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default chill!

Lee, I know this may be difficult but you really need to just relax and breath! You will be far more efficent to deal with the whole visa thing if you keep ya head clear and worry less, i know thats hard, i made myself sick with worry...... with things i didnt have to worry about.

Ask as many questions you want....... in here, there are NO stupid questions and plus you get pro first class answers.

Good luck Lee!

Shaun

ps....... Scott........... I took a look at your site with your k1 petition........ oh my heck! It looks amazing, your so well prepared and organised....... your sure to be the next 2nd NOA! Im hoping anywayz!
Old Apr 25th 2003, 6:49 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lee,

The I-129f requires one (1) photo each of the USC petitioner and the foreign fiance(e) beneficiary. (Instruction 6.A.) The G-325A does not call for a photograph (or 4).

As to your original question and subject line - the I-129f requires proof of having met in person within the last 2 years. (Instruction 5.A.) It does not require anything in the way of proof of relationship other than a statement of intent from each of you. (Instruction 5.B.) You may submit evidence if you wish, but it is not required.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by leebarton

Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:26 pm
Scott and Nanette

Jeff is correct as far as the instructions go. Do keep in mind that the inspector who will be processing it is a human and has subjectivity. I am sure that if everyone went with the minimum of what the instructions say that we would see even more RFE's than we do. I have heard time and time again that too much info is better than not enough as long as it is not too much.

So, if you only put one picture of you together and the background of that picture is of a Filipino Cock Fight verses 5 or 6 pictures that show that you have traveled together, been at romantic places, met families, etc... Well you get my point....

When I filled mine out, I thought of it like my first home loan. I could have done just the minimum according to the instructions, maybe it would have been OK, maybe not. Not worth loosing sleep over it though. Don't mean to be negative towards Jeff, (You are a cool person), and I have seen many people that in my opinion did a poor job with their I-129f get approved without a problem, Others who did a real good job got RFE's for something stupid. Adding more, doing more, is just a little extra insurance. I think that the trick is to not loose any sleep over it if you have already mailed it

Scott
Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks for all the replies...

I just want everything to go smoothly as I miss my fiancee soooo much and just want to be there with her... this waiting is hard, and I havent even started the offical process yet =P

Thanks to everyone on this group for reassuring me... will try not to panic now and roll on NOA1 and NOA2

Thanks again

Lee
Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:39 pm
Scott and Nanette

leebarton,

have a cold Conona with lime.... Everything will be fine

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.