Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Did I submit enough "proof of relationship"?

Did I submit enough "proof of relationship"?

Old Apr 25th 2003, 7:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Scott,

I made no comment as to whether the information Lee provided for proof of having met was adequate. Like you, I would not put only 1 picture of my fiancee and me together - I sent 6. No cock fights, either! I am concerned that Lee included only 1 picture of himself and his fiancee together, but it's too late to do anything about that now. At least Dulles Airport isn't a cock fight.

I did address proof of relationship, and I have yet to see anyone get an RFE on that issue as long as they included the required statements of intent.

Thanks for the comment about me being "cool". It ain't easy being me, and nobody else seems to want to do it!

Best regards, JEff

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Jeff is correct as far as the instructions go. Do keep in mind that the inspector who will be processing it is a human and has subjectivity. I am sure that if everyone went with the minimum of what the instructions say that we would see even more RFE's than we do. I have heard time and time again that too much info is better than not enough as long as it is not too much.

So, if you only put one picture of you together and the background of that picture is of a Filipino Cock Fight verses 5 or 6 pictures that show that you have traveled together, been at romantic places, met families, etc... Well you get my point....

When I filled mine out, I thought of it like my first home loan. I could have done just the minimum according to the instructions, maybe it would have been OK, maybe not. Not worth loosing sleep over it though. Don't mean to be negative towards Jeff, (You are a cool person), and I have seen many people that in my opinion did a poor job with their I-129f get approved without a problem, Others who did a real good job got RFE's for something stupid. Adding more, doing more, is just a little extra insurance. I think that the trick is to not loose any sleep over it if you have already mailed it

Scott
Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:37 pm
Cdn Chick

Default Re: Did I submit enough "proof of relationship"?

Yup,
We only submitted one each ... still have the other 2 with our original
paperwork!

"Booger" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > "kariml" wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Originally posted by leebarton
    > > > So... was I right to send two photos of myself in total with the Bio
    > > > Form then ? I am a little confused now.
    > > >
    > > > My fiancee has filled in the I-129F and it said you required one of
    > > > each for that, and then the Bio Form I put one with too... can someone
    > > > confirm for me please?
    > >
    > > Yes, you are right. 2 photos from you and 2 photos from her. Only one
    > > I-129 F form. The Bio forms have 4 copies for each person, they are all
    > The I-129F instructions say to submit ONE photo of yourself and ONE photo
of
    > your fiancé.

Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:40 pm
Booger

"kariml" wrote in message
    > Originally posted by leebarton
    > > So... was I right to send two photos of myself in total with the Bio
    > > Form then ? I am a little confused now.
    > >
    > > My fiancee has filled in the I-129F and it said you required one of
    > > each for that, and then the Bio Form I put one with too... can someone
    > > confirm for me please?
    > Yes, you are right. 2 photos from you and 2 photos from her. Only one
    > I-129 F form. The Bio forms have 4 copies for each person, they are all

The I-129F instructions say to submit ONE photo of yourself and ONE photo of
your fiancé.

Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:40 pm
Booger

"leebarton" wrote in message
    > oh no... just looked at your site and...
    > Form I-129F is pretty simple to fill out, but G-325A is a little more
    > tricky. Need four sets and four sets of photos.
    > four photos? Dont tell me I have fallen at the first hurdle!!!

The instructions say to submit ONE photo of yourself and ONE photo of your
fiancé.

Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Mee too, I only included one adit photo of me, and one adit photo of my fiance. Immigration lawyer said this was sufficient. I kept the remaining photos (one of me, 3 of him) for future use if necessary.
Rene

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Lee,

The I-129f requires one (1) photo each of the USC petitioner and the foreign fiance(e) beneficiary. (Instruction 6.A.) The G-325A does not call for a photograph (or 4).

As to your original question and subject line - the I-129f requires proof of having met in person within the last 2 years. (Instruction 5.A.) It does not require anything in the way of proof of relationship other than a statement of intent from each of you. (Instruction 5.B.) You may submit evidence if you wish, but it is not required.

Regards, JEff
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Further note....I did however, include as proof of relationship, about 15 original photos showing us together over the course of 6 years...some of us alone and some with friends and family around.
Rene

Originally posted by Noorah101
Mee too, I only included one adit photo of me, and one adit photo of my fiance. Immigration lawyer said this was sufficient. I kept the remaining photos (one of me, 3 of him) for future use if necessary.
Rene
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:34 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

When I went to the photo shop I meant to write 4 copies of each. However, I accidentaly wrote 44. I still find them floating all over my house. If one day I ever become famous, I will autograph them and sell them on eBay

Scott
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL Scott...... lemme know so i can be the first to bid!

Shaun
Old Apr 26th 2003, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

207lonsdale is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Booger
The instructions say to submit ONE photo of yourself and ONE photo of your
fiancé.
I also seem to remember this being the instructions, Kem submitted one adit photo for each of us with the petition. We also only sent one photograph of us together .... and we have just been approved! (We did get an RFE but that was in respect to Kem's previous marriage).
Old Apr 26th 2003, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

karl_smith is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I DIDN'T submit enough proof, we only sent 2 pix and filled the forms out... filed these in November 2002 and have been told to wait 60/80 days and a month ago it was moved to 150/180 days... I called the Service centre 2 days ago and they tell me that all looks good and we should be passed by the end of May... not knowing now if the I-129f is going to be passed I asked them again and the lady on the phone said to me that we (me and my partner) are in good shape and have nothing to worry about, but after reading here I'm now thinking what is going to happen... I don't think we've sent enough and does anyone know what we could do to stop the I-129f from being turned away and then waiting 6 more months...

If anyone has any help or answers then thank you for your help

Karl*
Old Apr 27th 2003, 5:01 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Karl,

You should stop believing everything you hear, especially when it's all contradictory.

Sit back and wait for the official response. If you get an RFE, respond to it. It you get an approval, jump for joy. There's really nothing else you can do.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by karl_smith
... the lady on the phone said to me that we (me and my partner) are in good shape and have nothing to worry about, but after reading here I'm now thinking what is going to happen... ...

Karl*