Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF London - Another silly G325A question!

DCF London - Another silly G325A question!

Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:08 am
Just Joined

virginiadare is on a distinguished road
Default DCF London - Another silly G325A question!

Sorry to bother everyone again but I am just so paranoid about filling these forms in..I want to get them right first time.

My husband and I are applying for me (UK citizen) to get a Spouse visa. We are filing in our I-130 and associated forms to send to the london embassy.

At the bottom of the G-325A there is a question "This form is submitted in connection with an application for?" Should we tick the 'other' box and type "in connection with an I-130 application" or do we tick Status as perminant resident?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London - Another silly G325A question!

Originally Posted by virginiadare
Sorry to bother everyone again but I am just so paranoid about filling these forms in..I want to get them right first time.

My husband and I are applying for me (UK citizen) to get a Spouse visa. We are filing in our I-130 and associated forms to send to the london embassy.

At the bottom of the G-325A there is a question "This form is submitted in connection with an application for?" Should we tick the 'other' box and type "in connection with an I-130 application" or do we tick Status as perminant resident?

I would check "other" and write in "I-130 petition". From what I understand, the G-325A is a pretty antiquated form which no one really pays much attention to anyway. They'll figure out from your other paperwork what your goal is.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 27th 2007, 3:27 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DCF London - Another silly G325A question!

Originally Posted by virginiadare

I recall that we chose 'status as a PR' since that is what we were after.. but as Rene says, they will figure it out. While it wasn't pointed out as an error to me, or corrected by the officer, I'm not SO sure our answer was correct.. don't worry too much about this particular form.
There are lots of others coming that will make your head explode!