Verbal Abused

Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

lublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nice
Unhappy Verbal Abused

Hello!

My husband is an american citizen and after 2 years of a long distance relationship he decided to bring me here and get married.
We have been married for 2 and half years where he has been very rude and verbal abusive. We are going for couple counseling and the doctor said he is not ok. But I told her about my immigration situation, where I have a temporal GC for 2 years and I have to apply again in October 2007.
This morning, my husband told me that our relationship is not working, that he doesn't love at all and I should leave.
I called to the USCIS office to ask about my status but they told me I have to send my paperwork again for the Permanent GC, because in the consulate of my country they can not take my temporal GC in exchange for a tourist visa.
What can I do?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Verbal Abused

Originally Posted by lublu
Hello!

My husband is an american citizen and after 2 years of a long distance relationship he decided to bring me here and get married.
We have been married for 2 and half years where he has been very rude and verbal abusive. We are going for couple counseling and the doctor said he is not ok. But I told her about my immigration situation, where I have a temporal GC for 2 years and I have to apply again in October 2007.
This morning, my husband told me that our relationship is not working, that he doesn't love at all and I should leave.
I called to the USCIS office to ask about my status but they told me I have to send my paperwork again for the Permanent GC, because in the consulate of my country they can not take my temporal GC in exchange for a tourist visa.
What can I do?
One option is that you can submit the I-751 for removal of conditions (in order to receive your 10-year green card) once your divorce is final.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lublu
What can I do?
I'll tell you the exact same thing I told you on October 21 when you first asked this question:

Divorce him... and do it right now. Your status right now is "permanent resident", but you must still apply to have the conditions removed on your green card. You can do this by yourself... you don't need him for that - but you must be divorced first. Leave the bastard and start doing things for yourself.

Ian
Old Nov 28th 2006, 2:43 am
Austinman

"ian-mstm" <member2954@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> have to send my paperwork again for the Permanent GC, because in the
    >> consulate of my country they can not take my temporal GC in exchange
    >> for a tourist visa.
    >> What can I do?
    > I'll tell you the exact same thing I told you on October 21 when you
    > first asked this question:
    > Divorce him... and do it right now. Your status right now is "permanent
    > resident", but you must still apply to have the conditions removed on
    > your green card. You can do this by yourself... you don't need him for
    > that - but you must be divorced first. Leave the bastard and start doing
    > things for yourself.
    > Ian

I agree with, Ian.

Download the I-751 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751.pdf) and read the
instructions. They quite clearly states that you should submit evidence that
you entered into the marriage in good faith. The fact that the instructions
for the I-751 also tell you to submit a copy of the divorce decree is a good
indication that you will not be the first, or last to file for removal of
conditions due to divorce. If what you say is true (and I have no reason to
doubt what you say), then submit evidence to show you married in good faith
and why the marriage failed.I understand that what you are going through is
very stressful, but the reality is if you want to stay in the USA then you
need to divorce and file the I-751. The sooner the better.

Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:02 am
Just Joined

lublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nicelublu is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Verbal Abused

[QUOTE=lublu]Hello!

I didn't get divorced before because we went to marital counseling, and I was hoping things get better, but he gave up, so I am gonna proceed now.

I really appreciate your advices, it is very very scary right now, I alone here and I got married for the rest of my life!!! anyway...life is like that and I should better protect myself from this guy.

Thank you so much!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:57 am
Austinman

> I didn't get divorced before because we went to marital counseling,
    > and I was hoping things get better, but he gave up, so I am gonna
    > proceed now.
    > I really appreciate your advices, it is very very scary right now, I
    > alone here and I got married for the rest of my life!!! anyway...life is
    > like that and I should better protect myself from this guy.
    > Thank you so much!

Hi lublu,

Immigration laws can force you to make some tough decisions and the truth
may not be what you want to hear, but people here want to help. If you have
questions then please (after some reasonable research :-) ask and we will
try to help.

All the best,

Austinman

Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:17 am
Just Joined

poppy_cake is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Austinman
    > I didn't get divorced before because we went to marital counseling,
    > and I was hoping things get better, but he gave up, so I am gonna
    > proceed now.
    > I really appreciate your advices, it is very very scary right now, I
    > alone here and I got married for the rest of my life!!! anyway...life is
    > like that and I should better protect myself from this guy.
    > Thank you so much!

Hi lublu,

Immigration laws can force you to make some tough decisions and the truth
may not be what you want to hear, but people here want to help. If you have
questions then please (after some reasonable research :-) ask and we will
try to help.

All the best,

Austinman
my ex husband and his family verbally abused me, controlled and treated me , i was looking for marriage consuler in that time but even he didnt let me go any one and didnt wanna move from his parents house where i abused, last day was the worts one and i found me domestic violence womens shelters and got help , but when i had to left him , i have got only the clothes what i have on me, and my id , thats it, he didnt let me go inside even when i come his home with sheriff to get my cloths, i count take any photos of us , bills of us together and our friends celebration cards from home. we had got joint accounts together and my health insurange, i had to call all banks and all places we go together to get proof, we divorced last year and i filed removal conditonal status my self with my attorney, i am domestic violence victim and all over friends who i know him together were his friends and relatives , hardly to find witnesses even immigration officers ask u more proof they asked me, i only found my wedding pics from wedding office photograher again and a few pic s what i sended my parents by e-mail thats it. and also i am showing some honeymoon bills tickets together and still they ask me more proof... if u really need to leave him becusae of verbal or phisical abuse, please dont forget to get some more proof from your home... you will need it at the future!! Good Luck.. its not really easy!! dont know why men do this women , bring from abroad and when they see u alone abuse that bad!!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Closing thread. New Member resurrected a thread nearly a year old.

Please start your own thread, Poppy.