Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

DCF Filing in Nov/Dec/Jan

Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice
Default Re: DCF Filing in Dec/Jan 2010/2011

Originally Posted by shortperson
Hi all I started a thread for oct/nov mine was recieved 3rd nov. was hopeing to of herd something by now. hopeing the embassy soon pickup the pace.
Please could you direct us to the oct/nov thread -Couldn't find it.

We sent ours in late October...it was filed on 9th November and we are still waiting. I would recommend using this time to get any possible additional information they may require from you in the meantime. This can take away lots of the anxiety of waiting because you still see physical progress whilst you are waiting for the next step to arrive.

Remember that not only will there have been Christmas/New Year Delays but also the 'Big Freeze' that put Royal Mail on hold and also stopped some people getting in to the office. Including the immigration office, i'm sure)

I'm hoping that the new update is the beginning of things picking back up because it has been a while since the last update.

Just use this time to get things done before you make the move...you may actually miss this place...MAYBE???
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:51 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CandK
Please could you direct us to the oct/nov thread -Couldn't find it.
Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

shortperson is an unknown quantity at this point

I have all paperwork ready to go all im waiting on is the application to go through xx they thread is here dcf filing oct/nov. will try and put a link here for you
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

CandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really niceCandK is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brucky
Thanks for that.

I did want the October/November thread.

Old Feb 5th 2011, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Fihcurry is an unknown quantity at this point

If ever there was evidence that keeping an eye on that processing time is a fast track to insanity it is the fact that they seem to be processing in the future!

"As of February 04, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on October 05, 2011"

I think I'm going to stay away from it from now on
Old Feb 5th 2011, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fihcurry
If ever there was evidence that keeping an eye on that processing time is a fast track to insanity it is the fact that they seem to be processing in the future!

"As of February 04, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on October 05, 2011"

I think I'm going to stay away from it from now on
Lol! That's so funny! Indeed a wise choice! Going by their updates we should all have been processed already.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:01 am
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CandK
Thanks for that.

I did want the October/November thread.

the 3 letter string 'dcf' is allowed on the search, and nothing came up within the first 3 pages I looked at.

The above is the nearest.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Blimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud ofBlimmer has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Petitions filed (sent) on the 21st January.

Email received and funds taken on the 25th January (My Birthday!!)

Off to embassy on friday to sort out SSN (as my wife(USC) hasn't got one)
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

BrittanyB is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's not good for your health. Stop it.

Ian
Ian is totally right...but for those masochists who just cannot help themselves, some good news. As of this morning, they updated the processing times on the Embassy's website for I-130s, and it has gone up a few days, so that the are now processing Oct 8th applications. Not much, but if they keep going at that rate, maybe we won't have SO long to wait afterall!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BrittanyB
Ian is totally right...but for those masochists who just cannot help themselves, some good news. As of this morning, they updated the processing times on the Embassy's website for I-130s, and it has gone up a few days, so that the are now processing Oct 8th applications. Not much, but if they keep going at that rate, maybe we won't have SO long to wait afterall!
YAY!!! it does make you feel better every time that date moves up.... but they have put the date october 8th, 2011 though!

Last edited by joannabanana; Feb 7th 2011 at 8:30 am.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

shortperson is an unknown quantity at this point

getting a bit closer then. I have stopped looking trying to resist as it just frustrateing with them moveing so slow. hope we all get to here something soon
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Shermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to allShermeen.Adam is a name known to all

I'm hoping they speed up in March as there is a bunch of holidays in April. Between Easter and the Royal Wedding, I don't think much will get done. Really hoping for an approval by May so I can move onto the next step.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

"As of February 22, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on October 17, 2011"

hubby just left the UK today to start his new job back in California. We were hoping that my son and I would be able to go out in May (that would be 5 months from filing) but it's looking like we'll be lucky to get out there during summer. So then we will have the joy of booking tickets to fly out with summer ticket prices. this is PANTS!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joannabanana
"As of February 22, 2011, we are processing petitions filed on October 17, 2011"

hubby just left the UK today to start his new job back in California. We were hoping that my son and I would be able to go out in May (that would be 5 months from filing) but it's looking like we'll be lucky to get out there during summer. So then we will have the joy of booking tickets to fly out with summer ticket prices. this is PANTS!!!
I know, ticket prices do sky rocket for the summer. I was originally thinking I could leave at the end of june before the UK summer holidays but now I'll have no choice but to book and fly during peak. It's annoying because I could have used the extra pounds to get settled in the US but ultimately it's a small price to pay to be with my husband xx
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

Trilobyte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joannabanana

First time posting here, but I must say reading through you guys are extremely informative. I am UKC, wife is USC, we have been living here together for 3 years, married for 16 months.

We applied on 17th Dec, and confirmation received 23rd. We had info that at that time the processing times would be 2-3 months - wishful thinking with the benefit of hindsight!

Like many of you, I have been obsessively checking the website - sometimes 10-12 times a day! When we filed, they are processing late September, (about on purported schedule) but it seems to have REALLY slowed down.

Wife now has a job offer that starts in the first week of April, and it's an opportunity that simply cannot be passed up. We are now staring down the barrel of at least three months apart

Yes we have the rest of our lives together, but this is terrible. Does anyone have any info about why this has slowed, but more importantly is it going to get any worse?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.