Damn! That was quick!!

Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Damn! That was quick!!

On the off-chance that our petition would be at the NVC today, I called them. They already had it, and it was just approved last Friday!! That's only 3 working days! The mis-information line said it could be about 3 weeks before NVC received it! Talk about speed! Damn, why couldn't TSC have moved that fast!

<Shaking with joy in my office!>

Jamie

PS: Is that a new record??

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Jan 7th 2004 at 8:57 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damn! That was quick!!

Originally posted by sunflwrgrl13
On the off-chance that our petition would be at the NVC today, I called them. They already had it, and it was just approved last Friday!! That's only 3 working days! The mis-information line said it could be about 3 weeks before NVC received it! Talk about speed! Damn, why couldn't TSC have moved that fast!

Jamie
Congratulations Jamie... We LOVE good news
Me & Patricia
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:56 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jamie

Nah, it really took 3 weeks, it just FELT like 3 days after waiting on TSC! Hehehehe!! Only kidding! Many congrats, and all the best for the rest of the process!

Kate. xxxxxxx
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:00 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie,

Because, if you're talking about an I-129f petition, the NVC doesn't approve anything. They receive the approved petition from the CIS service center, order the security checks, and send it on out to the appropriate consulate. Little more than a pass-through distribution center.

Regards, JEff

Jamie

Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Jamie,

Because, if you're talking about an I-129f petition, the NVC doesn't approve anything. They receive the approved petition from the CIS service center, order the security checks, and send it on out to the appropriate consulate. Little more than a pass-through distribution center.

Regards, JEff
I know that Jeff, it was a purely rhetorical statement. I suppose I should have said, "I wish TSC could move that fast!"

So when I asked the operator, she said that on average it takes 2-4 weeks to get through the NVC. Can one assume that this is the standard answer, since some on here have gotten through there in a day?

Jamie
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie

Congratulations!! :-))
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:16 pm
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Whoo hoo!! That *is* good news, and yes, we love good news!

By the way, what is the phone number for NVC? I haven't looked for it I must confess, but if you wouldn't mind passing it along I'd appreciate it.

Jackie
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:24 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie,

Re-phrasing that part of it doesn't change the basic reason for the NVC being fast and the CIS service center's slow wrt I-129fs - the service centers have to do some real work and evaluation of the petitions. The NVC is just a pass-through.

I know what you mean, though. The CIS is increasingly under-funded and under-staffed given their increasing work load. I think they could really use a couple more service centers and a lot more staff.

I think you're right about the 2-4 weeks being a "standard answer" - and one that sets reasonable expectations. Then when the NVC beats the expectation look how happy the customer is! Especially coming on the heels of an inevitably bad experience with the CIS service center!

One of the CIS biggest problems is it's failure to properly handle customer information and customer expectations. As implemented, the CIS didn't just shoot itself in the foot with the NCSC - they amputated both legs!

Regards, JEff

I know that Jeff, it was a purely rhetorical statement. I suppose I should have said, "I wish TSC could move that fast!"

So when I asked the operator, she said that on average it takes 2-4 weeks to get through the NVC. Can one assume that this is the standard answer, since some on here have gotten through there in a day?

Jamie
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
Whoo hoo!! That *is* good news, and yes, we love good news!

By the way, what is the phone number for NVC? I haven't looked for it I must confess, but if you wouldn't mind passing it along I'd appreciate it.

Jackie
Found it earlier today on this forum. It's 603-334-0700. I read that since our case was a K1, we had to talk to a live operator to get our status check. Not sure if you need to talk to a person to get a check on a K3. Hit option 1, and then #2 to get to a person. If the recording says "Due to high volume you should return to the automated system" just hang up the phone and try again. If it says "Due to high volume, the wait could be longer than 5 minutes" stay on the line.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 9:31 pm
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Thank you SunflowerGirl! That will come in handy I'm hoping in a month or so! Good luck with the rest of it all!

Jackie

Found it earlier today on this forum. It's 603-334-0700. I read that since our case was a K1, we had to talk to a live operator to get our status check. Not sure if you need to talk to a person to get a check on a K3. Hit option 1, and then #2 to get to a person. If the recording says "Due to high volume you should return to the automated system" just hang up the phone and try again. If it says "Due to high volume, the wait could be longer than 5 minutes" stay on the line.