British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Cv19 visa appointment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/cv19-visa-appointment-931788/)

Ann257 Mar 18th 2020 2:23 pm

Cv19 visa appointment

Hello, our immigrant visa appointment has been cancelled due to coronavirus. The embassy has not given a date as to when things will be back up and running.
just wanted to put this up so that if someone is expecting an appointment in the near future there may be schedule changes for them too.

S Folinsky Mar 18th 2020 3:26 pm

Re: Cv19 visa appointment

Originally Posted by Ann257 (Post 12822852)
Hello, our immigrant visa appointment has been cancelled due to coronavirus. The embassy has not given a date as to when things will be back up and running.
just wanted to put this up so that if someone is expecting an appointment in the near future there may be schedule changes for them too.

Which Embassy?

scrubbedexpat099 Mar 18th 2020 3:32 pm

Pretty much every Consulate is doing the same.

Ann257 Mar 18th 2020 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by S Folinsky (Post 12822886)
Which Embassy?

London

Ann257 Mar 18th 2020 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12822889)
Pretty much every Consulate is doing the same.

makes sense as it is non essential 👍🏼

Pulaski Mar 18th 2020 8:23 pm

Part of me thinks I should be surprised that anyone would think that visa interviews are continuing as normal, but most of me would be surprised if there aren't people who expect that their visa interview will take place as scheduled. :rolleyes:

Ann257 Mar 18th 2020 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12823044)
Part of me thinks I should be surprised that anyone would think that visa interviews are continuing as normal, but most of me would be surprised if there aren't people who expect that their visa interview will take place as scheduled. :rolleyes:

did expect it and had cancelled airbnb as was thinking the interview would be cancelled. Wanted to make others aware that this has happened to us and didn’t want anyone to book or expect an interview

Pulaski Mar 18th 2020 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ann257 (Post 12823049)
did expect it and had cancelled airbnb as was thinking the interview would be cancelled. Wanted to make others aware that this has happened to us and didn’t want anyone to book or expect an interview

You are very kind - some people need all the help they can get. :)

scrubbedexpat099 Mar 18th 2020 8:35 pm

Will be interesting to see what happens to AirBnB, I assume the IPO is off and many of their Hosts are understanding that they are not exactly a reliable business partner.

scrubbedexpat096 Mar 18th 2020 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12823044)

Alot of people haven't yet realised the gravitas of the situation.

Much of the current issues are fairly trivial given the bigger picture.

Pulaski Mar 18th 2020 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Phathamster (Post 12823093)
A lot of people haven't yet realised the gravitas of the situation.

Much of the current issues are fairly trivial given the bigger picture.

Yeah, I've seen and heard some unintentionally hilarious comments - "we'll get through the next 14 days" - "restrictions are only through the end of the month", etc. A lot of people have no idea!!!

And yes, a lot of people are freaking out over things that IMO barely even reach the level of "first world problem".

scrubbedexpat096 Mar 18th 2020 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12823094)
Yeah, I've seen and heard some unintentionally hilarious comments - "we'll get through the next 14 days" - "restrictions are only through the end of the month", etc. A lot of people have no idea!!!

And yes, a lot of people are freaking out over things that IMO barely even reach the level of "first world problem".

I suppose it hasn't really hit yet, as the numbers climb and get closer to people's front door they may realize.

civilservant Mar 19th 2020 12:23 pm

If you're in the UK then it's already at your front door.

Where I am, we have already taken precautions by suspending visitation of families and testing all staff for a temperature when they clock in, and we have no cases for nearly 100 miles around us.

It continues to surprise me that Social Security Offices remain open.

Pulaski Mar 19th 2020 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12823315)
.... we have already taken precautions by suspending visitation of families and testing all staff for a temperature when they clock in, .....

I doubt if everyone knows where you work.

scrubbedexpat096 Mar 19th 2020 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12823315)
If you're in the UK then it's already at your front door.

Where I am, we have already taken precautions by suspending visitation of families and testing all staff for a temperature when they clock in, and we have no cases for nearly 100 miles around us.

It continues to surprise me that Social Security Offices remain open.

is there anyones door it isn't at