British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Cv19 visa appointment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/cv19-visa-appointment-931788/)

JonB 47 Sep 24th 2020 3:08 pm

Re: Cv19 visa appointment

Originally Posted by UKviaLA (Post 12913924)
Quick question regarding the medical, if you don't mind. According to the list of required vaccinations, chicken pox vax is listed. My husband had chicken pox in his 20s but no way to prove it. As he's now 50, seems more sensible to get the shingles vax instead. As the CP vax is not cheap, how can I check if this would be ok? Might you know? It's a specific place they send you to for the medical, correct? Could you tell me the name so I could check with them? We're trying to get the vaccinations out of the way now, because, like you, my husband has no records of any vaccinations. All the rest are fine but it's the just CP one we're questioning. Thank you.

On one of the forms you have to fill in it asks have you had it, I ticked yes and that was accepted. On my signed off vaccination worksheet you have to keep and take to US with you, under Varicella vaccine box under history it just says Yes. And on main page it says vaccination requirements complete.
Also the varicella vaccine isn't given in the UK

I just printed the list off and took it to my doctors and got all the ones I needed. Mine were free at my GP. I had the mmr ones and the Tetanus, diphtheria and polio. The mmr was 2 jabs few weeks apart and the Tdap I think that was 3 visits worth. I get the flu jab every year anyway

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-b-chapter-9

What vaccines are required for U.S. immigration?

At this time,* vaccines for these diseases are currently required for U.S. immigration:
  • Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza

civilservant Sep 24th 2020 3:12 pm

Varicella is not available in the UK, so it's irrelevant. He will receive a waiver for that vaccine.

UKviaLA Sep 24th 2020 3:29 pm

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Noorah101 Sep 24th 2020 4:53 pm

The medical exam is done at Knightsbridge.

Rene

JonB 47 Sep 29th 2020 8:38 am

Update:

I had interview yesterday, embassy wasn't busy there probably was about 5 other people there. I gave originals of the documents asked for and the CO mentioned about being no stamps in passport and nothing was showing up that I had visited US in 2018 (It was a new passport that was issued before we did the NVC stage of the process and I didn't think to bring old one with me) also that my medical wasn't showing I explained I had it the previous Monday, he suggested I call them before I went to next window (turns out all last Mondays medicals were sat waiting for doctor to sign off to be sent today) At next window I was asked how I met my wife and after explaining I was asked if I had and pictures of us together which I had a couple on my phone. At the end I was given the 221g with the medical part ticked and also asking for proof of relationship and 2018 travel and was told I could email them to [email protected] they kept passport and I was free to go. Once I got home after the 2 hour train ride I scanned all the stuff I had for 2018 travel, passport, Delta flight itinerary, i94 from the DHS website, baggage tags etc, then scanned all the birthday/xmas/valentines cards I had, took screenshots of emails and attached pictures and emailed them. Got auto confirmation reply saying they had received them. This morning there was update on embassy website saying U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that additional documents are required lease provide relationship evidence and evidence of your evidence of 2018 travel. When you follow the page it generates a courier instruction and receipt telling you how to take docs to depot etc. Now I am confused I was told I could email the proof by the CO who gave me the 221g which I did but do I have to physically send things as quite a lot is digital files anyway

UPDATE 2: got reply from that email after submitting files saying
You will need to scan these documents into your CEAC account in order for us to continue processing your application.

Thanks

London IV team

So that is done as well now I guess I sit and wait like I have been doing for almost 2 years. If they take a while to go over what I sent I am only 22 days away from 2nd wedding anniversary so if it takes that long I guess it will be an IR1 issued if it is approved

XBricemanX Sep 29th 2020 10:37 am

Originally Posted by JonB 47 (Post 12915755)
Update:

I had interview yesterday, embassy wasn't busy there probably was about 5 other people there. I gave originals of the documents asked for and the CO mentioned about being no stamps in passport and nothing was showing up that I had visited US in 2018 (It was a new passport that was issued before we did the NVC stage of the process and I didn't think to bring old one with me) also that my medical wasn't showing I explained I had it the previous Monday, he suggested I call them before I went to next window (turns out all last Mondays medicals were sat waiting for doctor to sign off to be sent today) At next window I was asked how I met my wife and after explaining I was asked if I had and pictures of us together which I had a couple on my phone. At the end I was given the 221g with the medical part ticked and also asking for proof of relationship and 2018 travel and was told I could email them to [email protected] they kept passport and I was free to go. Once I got home after the 2 hour train ride I scanned all the stuff I had for 2018 travel, passport, Delta flight itinerary, i94 from the DHS website, baggage tags etc, then scanned all the birthday/xmas/valentines cards I had, took screenshots of emails and attached pictures and emailed them. Got auto confirmation reply saying they had received them. This morning there was update on embassy website saying U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in London has indicated that additional documents are required lease provide relationship evidence and evidence of your evidence of 2018 travel. When you follow the page it generates a courier instruction and receipt telling you how to take docs to depot etc. Now I am confused I was told I could email the proof by the CO who gave me the 221g which I did but do I have to physically send things as quite a lot is digital files anyway

UPDATE 2: got reply from that email after submitting files saying
You will need to scan these documents into your CEAC account in order for us to continue processing your application.

Thanks

London IV team

So that is done as well now I guess I sit and wait like I have been doing for almost 2 years. If they take a while to go over what I sent I am only 22 days away from 2nd wedding anniversary so if it takes that long I guess it will be an IR1 issued if it is approved

What's a 221g?

Noorah101 Sep 29th 2020 10:46 am

Originally Posted by XBricemanX (Post 12915794)
What's a 221g?

It's the form that asks for further information/ documentation/ evidence.

Rene

XBricemanX Sep 29th 2020 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101 (Post 12915797)
It's the form that asks for further information/ documentation/ evidence.

Rene

Thanks for that. Much appreciated. I'll keep an eye out for that if I ever get an interview:confused:

JonB 47 Sep 29th 2020 10:48 am

Originally Posted by XBricemanX (Post 12915794)
What's a 221g?

It's a form that you get if your application is refused then it has check boxes on what is needed, see below images

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...d4aa49d3f9.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...88b5ee6460.jpg

XBricemanX Sep 29th 2020 10:52 am

Originally Posted by JonB 47 (Post 12915800)
It's a form that you get if your application is refused then it has check boxes on what is needed, see below images

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...d4aa49d3f9.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...88b5ee6460.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hopeful that my wife and my lawyer will be on top of all this. We've submitted a sponsorship form and are awaiting them to view this and sign it off as it were. Just a pain waiting for an interview date:(

JonB 47 Oct 14th 2020 1:43 pm

Another update: After uploading all the stuff they asked for it changed from refused to administrative processing on 7th Oct and generated system email asking to send passport which wasn't needed as they had kept it at interview. Today I checked and it now says issued :D so now I just got to wait for courier to contact to say I can go pick it up (easier to pick up as depot is a few minutes away that pay the fee to have it delivered)

So in total the whole thing from filing the i130 to it being issued is about 2 weeks short of 2 years

JonB 47 Oct 15th 2020 1:18 pm

I finally have my passport with visa printed inside after going to pick it up from courier after finishing work, shame it was issued as a CR1 as missed the 2 year anniversary by 6 days. Hopefully at POE I can get the CBP officer to put it down as an IR1 as I should be there a month after the 2 year anniversary.. I was a little bit let down as I was expecting a bigger bag with stuff in but all it contained was the passport.

Now the fun begins of final sorting of things like telling tax man, working out how to do 2 more years of NI payments to lock full pension, packing, sell car etc

JonB 47 Dec 29th 2020 7:48 pm

UPDATE: I have been in US since Nov 20th, I got lucky and the CBP officer spotted I had been married just over 2yrs and commented that I would get the IR1 :) I also got my SSN about 2 weeks after arriving. I still have a few things to sort out but all is good

Rete Dec 29th 2020 7:50 pm

Congratulations and welcome to the US.

BenK91 Jan 1st 2021 1:23 am

Welcome to the US.