Wikiposts

CR1 Visa approved!

Old Feb 26th 2013, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Visa approved!

Originally Posted by chris197337
the courier doesn't take AMEX though, so no Nectar points on that for me. Cheers.
HaHa...You and I both mate! I've been racking up quite a few points on this journey, and hopefully a AMEX credit score I can move to the states when the time comes!

Cheers, Rich.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richbogle84
HaHa...You and I both mate! I've been racking up quite a few points on this journey, and hopefully a AMEX credit score I can move to the states when the time comes!

Cheers, Rich.
The visa went on it though, so all good.

Good luck again. I'm sure it will all be fine, I didn't even look at the tax stuff I took.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Just a quick update as promised, to let you know an interview has been set for 7th March [...just one week away...] for my CR-1 visa. I called the visa information line and was informed of the date/time of the appointment, so now I'm just waiting for the letter in the post to confirm it.

Excited at the prospect of finally reaching the 'visa in hand' stage!

Rich.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Boothn02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi rich, how strange, I have an interview for the same day, likewise I haven't had my letter yet so lucky I rang to check the status.

Regards
Neil
Old Feb 27th 2013, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boothn02
Hi rich, how strange, I have an interview for the same day, likewise I haven't had my letter yet so lucky I rang to check the status.

Regards
Neil
Hi Neil,

To be honest, I expected the appointment to be about 3-4weeks from the date they set it [based on other BE member's timelines] so I was surprised to be told it had been set for just one week away! Either way, it's great news Glad I called them though, because the wife and I both needed some notice in order to get the day booked off work!

Now to get double-checking the mountain of paperwork and make sure we have everything for the interview next week!!

Rich.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Yep, same for us, I'm sure it will go without any hitches however you never know.

My wife isn't coming along as she has to look after our baby, So just me.
Is there a dress code or anything for the day? We went previously to registrar our baby for dual citizenship and you could wear what you like?

Maybe a stupid question

Cheers
Neil
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

jloto is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the letter for my interview appointment tomorrow never materialised. So will be interesting to see if the two of you receive them.

Worth keeping an eye on, and worth people who are expecting around a months notice to the interview from when they receive the letter (as i think we all were) to revise that thought.

Jon
Old Feb 28th 2013, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Good luck for your interview tomorrow, I'm sure all will be good. I only joined this site a couple of days ago, I wish I had a few months ago, I thought I was the only one going through the stress etc. it's great to read the advice and what to expect from others.

Kind regards
Neil
Old Feb 28th 2013, 2:18 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a dress code or anything for the day?
No, however I suggest you dress depending on how important you believe the interview is.

Ian
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Yep, same for us, I'm sure it will go without any hitches however you never know.

My wife isn't coming along as she has to look after our baby, So just me.
Is there a dress code or anything for the day? We went previously to registrar our baby for dual citizenship and you could wear what you like?

Maybe a stupid question

Cheers
Neil
I was there the other week and I wore a shirt and jeans, so not smart. I thought about wearing a suit, but the problems of traveling for me made it awkward and I figured people aren't as bothered about the way you dress these days anyway. I'd say that of all of the people i saw I the embassy, maybe 300 (based on the amount of seats there were) only one guy had a suit on. I'm pretty sure he was there for an immigrant visa, so maybe one of 8 of those appointments I saw announced.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Regards
Neil
Hi Neil,

Just a quick update to let you know my interview appointment letter came through in the post at the weekend. I'll take a final walk through all the documents with the wife tonight, and we'll be all set for our interview on Thursday morning........

Hope it all goes super-smoothly for you mate, and your visa is approved without delay!

Rich.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 12:13 am
Just Joined

Hi Rich,

Yes my letter came as well, I'm all set for the early start, Hope it goes smoothly with you as well. Hoping the forums that state the interview is an anti climax is correct and we are both holding visa's in a week or so time.

Regards
Neil
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rich,

Yes my letter came as well, I'm all set for the early start, Hope it goes smoothly with you as well. Hoping the forums that state the interview is an anti climax is correct and we are both holding visa's in a week or so time.

Regards
Neil
Hi Neil, Jon,

Just wanted to post a quick reply to let you guys know that having attended the interview at the US Embassy yesterday morning, my CR-1 Immigrant Visa application has been approved. Now only need to wait for my passport to be returned to me via courier in the coming week or so.

How did your interviews go?

Rich.

Last edited by richbogle84; Mar 7th 2013 at 8:57 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

jloto is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on getting your visa, glad all went well. All good with mine too, had the interview on the 1st and my passport and visa arrived yesterday (along with instructions on how to pay the $165 processing/green card fee)

Nice feeling for it all to be done and dusted, interview was much easier than I expected!

Jon
Old Mar 8th 2013, 1:45 am
Just Joined

Hi Rich,

Likewise had my interview yesterday morning, couldn't believe how quick it all went. Was out by 09.20am. Just awaiting the courier of my passport.

Now just counting down the weeks until we move to california.

Regards
Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.