Wikiposts

CR1 Visa approved!

Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CR1 Visa approved!

Originally Posted by richbogle84
Hi Chris,

I called the clinic this morning; they confirmed that my medical results were all fine, and that the embassy received the report last week. I sent my DS-230 and DS-2001 forms via Royal Mail next day recorded delivery. The tracking information provided by Royal Mail means I can be sure they have received the documentation I sent.

This is as much confirmation as I can get at this point, that everything is in order. Unfortunately, all I can do now is await a letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit, inviting me to an interview for my CR1 visa

That said, I'd be keen to hear any updates on your situation.

Kind Regards,

Rich.
We'll see, sending it recorded delivery was a good idea, I should have done that.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

thommo7879 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris,

I called the clinic this morning; they confirmed that my medical results were all fine, and that the embassy received the report last week. I sent my DS-230 and DS-2001 forms via Royal Mail next day recorded delivery. The tracking information provided by Royal Mail means I can be sure they have received the documentation I sent.

This is as much confirmation as I can get at this point, that everything is in order. Unfortunately, all I can do now is await a letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit, inviting me to an interview for my CR1 visa

That said, I'd be keen to hear any updates on your situation.

Kind Regards,

Rich.
I sent my DS-2001 form in on 10th January via recorded delivery Rich and it was delivered on the 11th.
I'm just waiting patiently now for a reply containing my interview date.
Dont now how long the processing currently time is for this part, but I'll post back again when I have my date, to give you an idea of what my turnaround time was.

Cheers
Graham
Old Jan 29th 2013, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thommo7879
I'm just waiting patiently now for a reply containing my interview date.

Dont now how long the processing currently time is for this part, but I'll post back again when I have my date, to give you an idea of what my turnaround time was.
Hi Graham,

Thanks for the update; it sounds like you, chris197337, and I are all at the same stage in the immigrant visa process with the US Embassy in London. We'll just have to wait to receive an invite to a visa interview and ensure our documentation is in order for when the time comes.

Since the Immigrant Visa Unit received your documents on 11th January, you'll probably hear back quite soon [assuming they've already received your medical results]. Otherwise, I would recommend calling them to make sure the interview letter hasn't been lost in the post. If they have assigned an interview date, you wouldn't want to miss it simply because you didn't receive the letter

Kind Regards,

Rich.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the update; it sounds like you, chris197337, and I are all at the same stage in the immigrant visa process with the US Embassy in London. We'll just have to wait to receive an invite to a visa interview and ensure our documentation is in order for when the time comes.

Since the Immigrant Visa Unit received your documents on 11th January, you'll probably hear back quite soon [assuming they've already received your medical results]. Otherwise, I would recommend calling them to make sure the interview letter hasn't been lost in the post. If they have assigned an interview date, you wouldn't want to miss it simply because you didn't receive the letter

Kind Regards,

Rich.
I got the interview letter today (dated the 25th mind) so that was great news. The interview will be on Friday the 15th of Feb, so pretty soon.

I had the medical on Friday the 4th of Jan, but had to update some immunisations, so it was also sent to the Embassy on the 11th.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris197337
I got the interview letter today (dated the 25th mind) so that was great news. The interview will be on Friday the 15th of Feb, so pretty soon.

I had the medical on Friday the 4th of Jan, but had to update some immunisations, so it was also sent to the Embassy on the 11th.
That's great news mate and, although individual timelines can vary, it would suggest that Graham should be receiving his interview letter in the coming days.

I'm hoping the turnaround on my application is equally quick; an interview sooner rather than later would be a big help since there's so much to organise once we receive the visa!

All the best with your interview though; hope it goes really smoothly for you mate, and that your application gets the rubber stamp of approval Keep us posted...

Rich.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Great news on your interview date Chris.
Hope the day goes well for you and there's no complications.

Hopefully me and Rich will get our dates too shortly.

If you can, please keep us up to date with how your interview goes, so that we know what to expect.

Cheers
Graham
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Graham,

Kind Regards,

Rich.
Just off the phone to the US Embassy Rich reference my interview date.

Was told that my medical results and DS 2001 and interview readiness form are in hand but they have not been processed yet.
They also told me it can normally take approximately 6 weeks before they will sent out an interview date, and the helpful operator said I'd probably hear something back in the next couple of weeks.

Was on the phone for only about 3-4 minutes in total.

At least its put my mind at ease, knowing that nothing has been sent out yet and might have been lost in the post.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

They also told me it can normally take approximately 6 weeks before they will sent out an interview date, and the helpful operator said I'd probably hear something back in the next couple of weeks. Was on the phone for only about 3-4 minutes in total.
Makes me tempted to give them a call once a week or so [despite the cost] just to make sure I'm not missing a letter they may have sent.

Thanks for the update

Rich.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Just off the phone to the US Embassy Rich reference my interview date.

Was told that my medical results and DS 2001 and interview readiness form are in hand but they have not been processed yet.
They also told me it can normally take approximately 6 weeks before they will sent out an interview date, and the helpful operator said I'd probably hear something back in the next couple of weeks.

Was on the phone for only about 3-4 minutes in total.

At least its put my mind at ease, knowing that nothing has been sent out yet and might have been lost in the post.
Yes, good news indeed. You never know with these things, sometimes they can skip ahead quickly but at least you know everything is in place. Good luck.

I'll definitely post my experiences of the interview too.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Just to wish you all the best for your interview on Friday mate, hope it goes really smoothly for you

Just off the phone to the US Embassy Rich reference my interview date. Was told that my medical results and DS 2001 and interview readiness form are in hand but they have not been processed yet.
I called the information line, and was told that they have received my medical results and updated the system to show that. Royal mail confirmed that my DS forms were delivered, but the Immigrant Visa Unit have not yet updated the system to show this. I can't do anything but wait
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Just to wish you all the best for your interview on Friday mate, hope it goes really smoothly for you

I called the information line, and was told that they have received my medical results and updated the system to show that. Royal mail confirmed that my DS forms were delivered, but the Immigrant Visa Unit have not yet updated the system to show this. I can't do anything but wait
Still waiting patiently here too Richie.

Best of luck for Friday too Chris, hope everything goes ok for you mate
Old Feb 12th 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

jloto is an unknown quantity at this point

I also sent my DS-230 and DS-2001 the second week of January and am still awaiting the letter with my interview date. Will update everyone here when it comes through as we are on similar timelines.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 2:03 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Why not use the timeline thread here?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...763941&page=15

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by jloto
I also sent my DS-230 and DS-2001 the second week of January and am still awaiting the letter with my interview date. Will update everyone here when it comes through as we are on similar timelines.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Received my letter this morning, 15/02/13, telling me my interview date has been booked for 8th March 2013. The letter was dated 13th February.

Flights from Edinburgh have now been booked as well as an overninght stay in London

It was a no brainer to come down and stay the night before, rather than risk coming down on the day, as any delay would be disasterous.

My letter was delivered to the Embassy on 11th January, in case that helps anyone else with regards to my timeline.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Katydid83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

My husband had his medical last week, he needs a booster shot and then the medical info should go to the Embassy by the end of the week. What is the timeline between the medical and the interview for everyone?

Also, do you recommend me going to the interview with him? We can do either really, it doesnt matter to us!

Thanks
Kate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.