Wikiposts

CR1 Visa approved!

Old Feb 18th 2013, 12:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Visa approved!

Originally Posted by Katydid83
What is the timeline between the medical and the interview for everyone?
It seems to vary between 2 and 20 weeks.

Also, do you recommend me going to the interview with him?
Since you aren't required to be there, the Embassy staff will need to know you're coming or you won't be allowed in.

Ian
Old Feb 19th 2013, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

jloto is an unknown quantity at this point

As Thommo7879 and chris197337 had sent their notification of readiness at the same time as me and had both received interview letters in the past weeks I thought it was time I checked on mine.

Called the information line and it took me 30 seconds to discover my interview is booked in for March 1st (10 days time). No idea why I haven't received a letter so VERY glad I checked.

I know that taking the letter to the appointment is an obvious piece of advice if you have it, but will I have any problems if I don't have it? (I doubt its going to turn up now)

Anybody else been in this situation?

Jon
Old Feb 19th 2013, 1:24 am
Just Joined

Katydid83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jon

Thanks for the info, my husband is just having his immunisation boosters tomorrow and then the wait begins for the interview date. Seems like the wait is around a month right now?

Anyone take their spouses to the interview? Does it look better if we attend together or does it not really matter to them?

Kate
Old Feb 19th 2013, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Hi Jon

Thanks for the info, my husband is just having his immunisation boosters tomorrow and then the wait begins for the interview date. Seems like the wait is around a month right now?

Anyone take their spouses to the interview? Does it look better if we attend together or does it not really matter to them?

Kate
People seem to say it helps,but at the end of the day what difference would it make if you have the forms filled in and have difference.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

My interview date will be 7 weeks after they received my medical results/readiness to interview form. I've updated the timeline thread with all the info.

Some people take their spouses with them although I am not planning to. Doesn't appear to make a difference.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 4:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone take their spouses to the interview?
Many have, and many others haven't.

Does it look better if we attend together or does it not really matter to them?
It'll make no difference whatsoever.

Ian
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:01 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It might matter only if the consular officer has a question that the USC spouse needs to answer. If they are present the question can perhaps be answered immediately. If not present then the information may have to be answered post interview, which could delay issuance of the visa.

Questions about the financial information submitted in support of the I-864 come to mind as a possible scenario.

Regards, JEff

Does it look better if we attend together or does it not really matter to them?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chris197337
People seem to say it helps,but at the end of the day what difference would it make if you have the forms filled in and have difference.
sorry,I meant to type have disclosed everything.No idea how this came out as 'have difference'.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 7:04 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The hand is quicker than the brain.

Similar to wondering what your doing driving up to the pub when you left the house intending to go to the grocery store.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by chris197337
sorry,I meant to type have disclosed everything.No idea how this came out as 'have difference'.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

My question may have got a bit lost in this thread so apologies for repeating it but am a little worried with the interview being next week.

I don't have my interview appointment letter for my interview next week (as I never received it) is that going to cause a problem getting into the embassy? Anybody else been in in this situation?

Also, the fees you pay on the interview day. Is there a visa fee and a courier fee, or just the courier fee? How much approx are they, I can't seem to find the exact answer in other peoples reviews on their interview days.

Thanks

Jon
Old Feb 20th 2013, 1:58 am

It depends on whether or not the visa application fee has already been paid. Has it?
Originally Posted by jloto
Also, the fees you pay on the interview day. Is there a visa fee and a courier fee, or just the courier fee?
Have you tried looking at the visa pages on the embassy's web site? Or the immigrant visa processing pages at travel.state.gov ?
Originally Posted by jloto
How much approx are they, I can't seem to find the exact answer in other peoples reviews on their interview days.
Regards, JEff
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
It depends on whether or not the visa application fee has already been paid. Has it?

Have you tried looking at the visa pages on the embassy's web site? Or the immigrant visa processing pages at travel.state.gov ?

Regards, JEff
I paid the $420 fee when I sent in the I-130 application although not sure if that is a visa fee or application fee

I have been researching this. Chris197337 mentioned in his review of his interview this week the following "Then she asked me to go around to another window, pay for the visa then return with the receipt"

I checked on the visa fee section on the US embassy london site and this is stated Immediate Relative and Family Preference applicants: $230.00 I think this is probably the fee that Chris197337 is referring to but I'm not 100% sure so thought I would try and find out from anyone who have been there and done that recently.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:26 am

I-130 is not an application.

If the I-130 was submitted via a USCIS lockbox in the US then the visa application fee would have been paid to the NVC in the US. If the I-130 was submitted to the USCIS field office in London then the visa application fee will be paid to the consulate at the interview.

Regards, JEff
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Apfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond reputeApfelkuchen has a reputation beyond repute

The $420 was the I-130 processing fee. The $230 is the IV processing fee. If you haven't paid it to the Department of State you will pay it on the day of your interview.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Thanks both, that's the confirmation I was after. Much appreciated.

Now I just need to check I am ok to turn up without the interview appointment letter. Will give the helpline a ring and see what they say (not a foolproof method of finding out the correct information but worth a try)

Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.