Wikiposts

CR1 Visa approved!

Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Visa approved!

There will also be a fee for the production of your green card. I believe they will send you instructions on how to pay this online. The instructions should come in the envelope with your returned passport/visa, after the interview. I believe the fee can be paid either before or after you enter the USA, but your green card won't be put into production until you've paid the fee. This is very new, so research that at www.uscis.gov.

Rene
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

I don't know, but it must have happened before! Just bring all your paperwork of course, and details of how you found out the time of your interview (a phone call?)... I can't see how they wouldn't let you in.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

jloto is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it was from a phone call to the helpline that I found out. I'm thinking the same, should be fine although someone telling me they actually have done it before with no problems would make me breathe a little easier!

And thanks Rene for the reminder about the green card fee, you guys really are helpful. Another $165 but it will all be worth it.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

slummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to allslummymummy is a name known to all

I know what you mean... let's hope someone comes along to reassure you!

Yes I know it was a phone call, but it might help if you say as much fact as you can, ie I called on such a date at such a time and spoke to a lady, a man, etc. Just to make them think that they are doing their job by making sure that they have as much info as they possibly can before they let you in without a letter... Good luck with the whole thing!
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Actually you should try to get them to send or email you a copy of the letter. I tried to google for you and only finding stuff saying you must have your letter...
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by slummymummy
Actually you should try to get them to send or email you a copy of the letter. I tried to google for you and only finding stuff saying you must have your letter...
Well I just gave the helpline a call. The guy on the phone was adamant that I would not need the appointment letter and read out his official instructions on how to answer my question that stated to reassure me it's absolutely fine, my name will be on the list and that is all that is required.

Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 20th 2013, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok, let's hope so!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jloto
Called the information line and it took me 30 seconds to discover my interview is booked in for March 1st (10 days time). No idea why I haven't received a letter so VERY glad I checked.
Hi Jon,

Just a quick note to say all the best for the interview on Friday, hope it all goes super-smoothly

Keep us posted on your experience.

Cheers, Rich.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rich,

Purchased a concertina file for all my paperwork today and busy practising my Jedi mind tricks to get past the security without my appointment letter.

Will update everyone here on how the appointment went when it's all over.

Jon
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Purchased a concertina file for all my paperwork today...
If it's any consolation, I have a box file crammed full of documentation in preparation for my interview! From what I understand, a lot of documents are not even requested at the interview, but better to be prepared just in case.

...and busy practising my Jedi mind tricks to get past the security without my appointment letter.
I like the sound of your plan! I assume they refused to email you a copy of the appointment letter?

Rich.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richbogle84

I like the sound of your plan! I assume they refused to email you a copy of the appointment letter?

Rich.
Yes, however much I asked them to re-send the lteter/email a copy etc. I was met with the same stock reply that it is in no way a problem that I don't have the letter and I will have no problem getting in ....
Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

chris197337 will become famous soon enough

Good luck. Similarly, I wasn't asked for anything but the relevant documents and copies, the affidavits of support and relevant documents (a year's tax filings, even though I took three and a copy of my joint sponsor's passport).

I took other odds and sods, but at the end of the day a US Citizen has signed to the effect that they are your spouse and will support you. I think that still counts for something over there.

Sorry I didn't reply before too, but yes the visa fee was like $250 and the courier was something like £8 or £18, but you could either say any time, before 10:00 or before 8:00.

Good luck, I'm sure it will be fine.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
The hand is quicker than the brain.

Similar to wondering what your doing driving up to the pub when you left the house intending to go to the grocery store.

Regards, JEff
Definitely.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris197337
Similarly, I wasn't asked for anything but the relevant documents and copies, the affidavits of support and relevant documents (a year's tax filings, even though I took three and a copy of my joint sponsor's passport).
Thanks for the update Chris.

I've just posted in the 'Exact Tax Return Requirements' thread [Post #25]. Could you have a look at my list of tax return documents and compare it with the documents you provided at interview? Sorry to be a pain, but I don't really know what exact docs they are looking for so it would set my mind at ease...although I appreciate each case is slightly different.

Originally Posted by chris197337
Sorry I didn't reply before too, but yes the visa fee was like $250 and the courier was something like £8 or £18, but you could either say any time, before 10:00 or before 8:00.
Can I assume that paying by debit/credit card is fine for these fees?

Cheers, Rich.

Ps...Your interview experience summary thread was really helpful. Good work!

Last edited by richbogle84; Feb 25th 2013 at 8:59 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richbogle84
Thanks for the update Chris.

I've just posted in the 'Exact Tax Return Requirements' thread [Post #25]. Could you have a look at my list of tax return documents and compare it with the documents you provided at interview? Sorry to be a pain, but I don't really know what exact docs they are looking for so it would set my mind at ease...although I appreciate each case is slightly different.

Can I assume that paying by debit/credit card is fine for these fees?

Cheers, Rich.

Ps...Your interview experience summary thread was really helpful. Good work!
I'll have a look, but my mother in law had filed my wife's tax returns for her while we've been in England and she basically gave me the print outs of what she filed. So my knowledge of filing it is limited, other than I read last filing for your sponsor, up to three years and one year for the joint. I took three years worth for both anyway and the person I gave the documents to only kept the most recent of each.

I think it says in the documents that the courier only take cards and you can pay for the visa by cash, cards or "check". They definately both take cards either way, the courier doesn't take AMEX though, so no Nectar points on that for me.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.