Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

CR1 Interview today - Suspended :(

CR1 Interview today - Suspended :(

Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:20 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CR1 Interview today - Suspended :(

Thought I'd just give a quick update.....

The Courier picked up our package of documents on Saturday morning, which he told us would get to the Embassy on Monday morning.

We then got a phone call yesterday from a lady at the embassy, who told us that we needed to send my sister in laws birth certificate to her for the I864a (which suprised me a little, because they didnt ask for my FIL's for his I864a)

She said that she was going to send our passports back with the courier and as soon as we had it to send everything back again!........ At which point I told her that she should keep hold of them and I would get it to her before this morning - she was pretty insistant that she had to send them back, so I pretty much begged her lol, and said if she didnt have that birth certificate by end of business today, then ok, send them back, but pleeeeeease just let me try get them to you!

Cue another phone call to MIL, who rang SIL at work to ask her to get it to her when she was done at work, but my wonderful organised SIL had it in her purse! MIL drove to her work, picked it up, and took it home and faxed it to the embassy...

Fast forward to 8.30am this morning and I'm frantically on the phone calling nice embassy lady (my new BFF) to check she'd got it - when I finally got through at 10am, she hadn't, so I ran into town and faxed over the copy I had emailed to my by my FIL - I faxed it twice! Then I got back and emailed it to them as well....... am I sounding sad and desperate yet?

I called them at 2.15 (thought i'd give the poor woman chance to digest her lunch) and she said she had received it, and passed to the ConOff. I mentioned to her that at my interview I was told it took 5 days to process from the date they received the docs, and as Friday would be the 5th day, did she know roughly how long it would take them to go through them because of the delay with the Birth Certificate. She said she had passed it to the ConOff before lunch so would go ask him..... I sat on that damn phone shaking waiting for her to come back.........

When she came back on she simply said 'He's all done with it, and you've been APPROVED'.... That was it, I just went to pieces. I asked her to double check, if it was all 3 visa's approved, and she said yes, the case was a bit messy, but if he managed to finish up before 3.30 the visas would go to SMS today, and if not, then they definatley would tomorrow and would be with us early next week.

Soooooooooo We're FINALLY going home. Its taken 11 months, which I know compared to alot of other people is a short time, but it feels like its been never ending. There have been alot of sleepless nights, tantrums and tears, but its all done with now.

I just want to say, to everyone that has helped on this forum, not just with responses to my posts, but to those by others from which I have got fantastic information and advice Thank you so, so much. Not just the information but the support I got through private messages and Karma when I first started this thread calmed me down, and made a huge difference.

Thanks Guys....... You rock
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
We're FINALLY going home.
Excellent... super news!

Ian
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:40 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, Clarissa. I know you have been the guinea pig for this added new information request from the Consulate but I'm so very happy for you that the end is clearly in sight.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:52 am
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

CONGRATULATIONS!! Now, get yourselves on the same flight as me (15th December BMI Manchester to Chicago) and we can have a chin-wag on the way across the pond
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:56 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
CONGRATULATIONS!! Now, get yourselves on the same flight as me (15th December BMI Manchester to Chicago) and we can have a chin-wag on the way across the pond
LOL!! We actually looked at that flight, but when we looked at the connections to CVG it bumped the price up by silly amounts! Unless the prices have come right down since I last looked, we'll probably do LGW-CVG

Hubby & DD are booked on that flight on the 14th, so hopefully we'll be able to get on the same one.... Sods law I was expecting another hiccup so I didnt make my credit card payment until today so now i've got to wait until tuesday to book!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:07 am
Just Joined

klaney2006 will become famous soon enoughklaney2006 will become famous soon enough

Great News Hun ...

I'll be in the same position next hahaha. Don't forget me card!!!!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

WONDERFUL news! Congratulations - I am so glad it worked out for you
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Great news! That means you can come to a Cincy/KY meetup sometime in Dec. then!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:38 am
Flaky Red-headed Goodness

SallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud ofSallyCinnamon has much to be proud of

LOL!! We actually looked at that flight, but when we looked at the connections to CVG it bumped the price up by silly amounts! Unless the prices have come right down since I last looked, we'll probably do LGW-CVG

Hubby & DD are booked on that flight on the 14th, so hopefully we'll be able to get on the same one.... Sods law I was expecting another hiccup so I didnt make my credit card payment until today so now i've got to wait until tuesday to book!

Ah, I managed to get a connection to Lexington - which will be handy as I'll have 6 suitcases!
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:59 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I'd just give a quick update.....

I called them at 2.15 (thought i'd give the poor woman chance to digest her lunch) and she said she had received it, and passed to the ConOff.
Hi:

Congratulations. I bolded the above line because I consider it the key item in your post. I'm sure you, although insistent, were exceedingly polite. Honey is always better than vinegar, as the saying goes. Believe it or not, most ConOffs like approving meritorious cases. But they have to practice CYA even if they think a particular rule is nuts.

Again, congratulations.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:11 am
Dizzy Blonde

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Congratulations. I bolded the above line because I consider it the key item in your post. I'm sure you, although insistent, were exceedingly polite.
Thankyou.

I do try to always be polite and keep my cool. One thing my dad taught me, that i've never forgotten, is the first one to lose their temper, loses the argument.

Shame I don't apply it at home!! lol ;P
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

chrisncarla will become famous soon enoughchrisncarla will become famous soon enough

Congratulations, and thanks again for the invaluable information that you have posted.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:16 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou.

I do try to always be polite and keep my cool. One thing my dad taught me, that i've never forgotten, is the first one to lose their temper, loses the argument.

Shame I don't apply it at home!! lol ;P
With that giant crew?

congrats on the final approval girlie!

On to the Final Step (for now): Arriving In America: Navigating the POE
Port Of Entry (POE)
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:38 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Unless the prices have come right down since I last looked, we'll probably do LGW-CVG
CVG is only a 3 hour drive northwest from here! Very nice airport!

Ian
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon
Ah, I managed to get a connection to Lexington - which will be handy as I'll have 6 suitcases!
Hey Lexington is even closer... only 2 hours west!

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.