Confused.com

Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused.com

Originally Posted by robUK81
Being an entirely new experience that I never imagined I would go through its all very daunting and feels like I have a mountain to climb but the end result will be worth all that can be thrown at me. With that Google isn't always your best friend and you read different things that poison the mind and sends panic throughout.
Thankfully I have found solice in some very helpful knowledgable people such as yourself and the other kind people that answer what may seem very stupid questions but I'm afraid I'm a complete novice as far as immigration goes.

I really do appreciate all the help
But what is the link to the site where you read that, so we can tell people to avoid it?

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2012, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
But what is the link to the site where you read that, so we can tell people to avoid it?

Rene
Sorry Rene, I have searched again but can't find it but I can't remember what I used to search as I worded things differently each time I searched on the subject. If I come across it I'll link it as there is some very misleading info flying around on the net

Rob
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

spousal visa CR1
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_2991.html
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Thanks for the official link Ray.

Just so everyone knows, that is the official link to the Immigrant Visa process. It is not the misinformation link which says one cannot visit the USA while waiting.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:35 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

And IR1.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Ray
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

robUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the roughrobUK81 is a jewel in the rough

Sorry it's me again!

Please could someone tell me if I'm correct in saying that forms I-864 or I-134, G-315A (for myself and my petitioner - USC Wife), An affidavit of proof of marriage ( is this a particular form or is there a template available?) all need to be filed with the I-130?? We really want to get things right the first time.

Many thanks in advance

Rob
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

None of it. Have you read the I-130 instructions? The instructions tell you what documentation needs to accompany the I-130.

Regards, JEff

Please could someone tell me if I'm correct in saying that forms I-864 or I-134, G-315A (for myself and my petitioner - USC Wife), An affidavit of proof of marriage ( is this a particular form or is there a template available?) all need to be filed with the I-130?? We really want to get things right the first time.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
None of it. Have you read the I-130 instructions? The instructions tell you what documentation needs to accompany the I-130.

Regards, JEff
Sorry Jeff I don't mean to sound like I'm a lazy so and so. It's just my wife is has the I-130 application in the US and I'm in the UK. She is quite busy with work so I've been trawling the web and coming across all the forms I've mentioned. I was trying to be proactive but apparently not.
It was this link that sparked it all:
http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130faq

Rob
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:39 am

Sorry Jeff I don't mean to sound like I'm a lazy so and so. It's just my wife is has the I-130 application in the US and I'm in the UK. She is quite busy with work so I've been trawling the web and coming across all the forms I've mentioned. I was trying to be proactive but apparently not.
It was this link that sparked it all:
http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130faq

Rob
Instead of reading about it on Visa Journey, go directly to the official USCIS site: www.uscis.gov.

Go to Forms. Find Form I-130. From there, you can read the form AND the instructions.

None of the things you listed are to be included with the I-130. Form I-134 doesn't even apply to you (it's for non-immigrant visas).

Rene
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Instead of reading about it on Visa Journey, go directly to the official USCIS site: www.uscis.gov.

Go to Forms. Find Form I-130. From there, you can read the form AND the instructions.

None of the things you listed are to be included with the I-130. Form I-134 doesn't even apply to you (it's for non-immigrant visas).

Rene
Thanks as always Rene
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:44 am

Please could someone tell me if I'm correct in saying that forms I-864 or I-134, G-315A (for myself and my petitioner - USC Wife),
Perhaps this is a typo, and you mean G-325A? If so, then yes, one from each of you is required.

An affidavit of proof of marriage ( is this a particular form or is there a template available?)
You will need the certified copy of the marriage certificate.

Rene
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Perhaps this is a typo, and you mean G-325A? If so, then yes, one from each of you is required.

You will need the certified copy of the marriage certificate.

Rene
Well spotted! Yes it was a typo - G-325A Biographic is what I meant and we did get an additional certified copy of our marriage certificate.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:56 am

Well spotted! Yes it was a typo - G-325A Biographic is what I meant and we did get an additional certified copy of our marriage certificate.
For the I-130 you only need to send a photocopy of the certified copy of the marriage certificate. Don't send the "original" you have in hand, you won't get it back.

Rene
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

For the I-130 you only need to send a photocopy of the certified copy of the marriage certificate. Don't send the "original" you have in hand, you won't get it back.

Rene
I shall make sure my wife sends only a copy

Under documents required for the I-130 it does state the following is required:

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or
J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

Is there a template anywhere that I could use to give the relevant people to complete?

Many thanks

Rob
Old Nov 20th 2012, 1:49 pm

I shall make sure my wife sends only a copy

Under documents required for the I-130 it does state the following is required:

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or
J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

Is there a template anywhere that I could use to give the relevant people to complete?

Many thanks

Rob
Those sworn affidavits are not "required", per say. They are only one way of showing evidence of your bona fide marriage. However, most newlyweds don't have much else built up yet in the way of co-mingling their married life together, so they do include the affidavits.

There is no template for the affidavits, because each one will be different. The author should just write how they know you and your wife as a married couple. Don't use somone people who only witnessed the wedding...the marriage certificate takes care of proving you are legally married. Choose people who know you in a social way, who have spent time with you and your wife as a married couple. They should be specific as to what you all did together, such as attending a play, dinner, came to your house, you went to their house, etc.

The affidavits don't need to be notarized, but they need to contain the "magic language", found here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=4

The affidavits should also contain the author's contact information...name, address, phone, email.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.