Wikiposts

Change of Mind

Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:02 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of Mind

Originally Posted by nolimits
Oh shame just a bit short of that figure.
You can mix and match capital and income. Sounds to me like you're just about there.

But your brother will still need to be the primary sponsor and produce his tax returns. But he can declare an income and capital of nothing.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:13 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Before it goes much further, your petitioning sponsor *must* complete an I-864. You having sufficient funds to satisfy the I-864 doesn't release them from needing to file it.
However, if their reason for not filing I-864 is because their income is insufficient, *then* your income may be considered. Your sibling would still need to submit I-864 on your behalf though.

Since the objection they gave you was about supporting your bills or debt etc, you can educate them about that and see if it changes the situation. I'd recommend you speak directly with your brother though. Sounds like the SIL doesn't want to talk. But, the original agreement is between you and your brother; keep the conversation there.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

nolimits is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Meauxna, SIL is and always has been little anti me. I thought bro and I were close, but as I posted earlier she seems to be pushing all his buttons at the mo. I have written to him. I guess time will tell. I think there is another reason for their change of mind and perhaps I will never know, poss nasty sil just wants us all to stay thousands of miles away in UK, so I am not sure I will get past his gatekeeper to talk to him but I do believe if it is meant to be it will work out for us for the best in the end. I do know I would find it very hard to trust them again.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

. I do know I would find it very hard to trust them again.
Well, give them an opportunity to 'save face'. It may be that they totally misunderstood what would be required of them or that they are having serious personal problems they didn't want to share.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Yes thats right, Well it is all new at the moment and stinging so p'haps best to leave it for a while and see what happens. As I said I wrote to my bro and it was not a nasty letter, just explaining stuff if he cares he will be in touch if not well there you are.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 1:29 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thats right, Well it is all new at the moment and stinging so p'haps best to leave it for a while and see what happens. As I said I wrote to my bro and it was not a nasty letter, just explaining stuff if he cares he will be in touch if not well there you are.
IMHO, (FWIW) you're doing exactly the right thing here.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Well after our disappointment and much talking and planning, I think we are thinking that we may just come to Florida for nice hols now and not try to livePerhaps work hard and then have long hol.
We own a house in Florida as mentioned earlier. We are actually renting a property in UK at the moment, We do intend to buy here (have deposit ready) but were going to put it off for a year or 2 thinking we would be coming to USA to live soon.
I wonder if you could advise. We would probably like to apply for a B2 visa in a few months time, but would the fact that we were only renting a property here in UK go against us - would it be better to buy our house here first?
Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:02 am

Well after our disappointment and much talking and planning, I think we are thinking that we may just come to Florida for nice hols now and not try to livePerhaps work hard and then have long hol.
We own a house in Florida as mentioned earlier. We are actually renting a property in UK at the moment, We do intend to buy here (have deposit ready) but were going to put it off for a year or 2 thinking we would be coming to USA to live soon.
I wonder if you could advise. We would probably like to apply for a B2 visa in a few months time, but would the fact that we were only renting a property here in UK go against us - would it be better to buy our house here first?
Thanks for your help.
It's really more about the totality of your circumstances than any single fact (like owning vs renting). If you fit the profile of retired folk, I'm not sure that owning in the US vs renting in the UK would make a difference. You need to show that you have sufficient income that you're not a risk to work illegally, and sufficient ties to the UK (koff, healthcare) that you would not immigrate illegally.

I don't know for sure, but I'd think the story of you choosing not to immigrate even when you had the opportunity w/sibling's I-130 (see how I framed that there?) could be in your favor.

You can always consult a US immigration attorney for a reasonable sum and get their opinion.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:09 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if you could advise. We would probably like to apply for a B2 visa in a few months time, .
Unlikely to be sucessful
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:28 am
Just Joined

larrysolberg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nettlebed
I'm sorry to hear this: it sucks arse, for sure, but as you say, you still have a life in the UK.

One thing though: imagine if you had gone over there with your bro and SIL as your sponsors, and she decided to turn even more into the bitch queen from hell, calling you every three minutes, reminding you that you were only there because she was an angel, and generally being a pain in the bum. Sounds to me like you might be better off in Blighty. I would personally hate to be beholden to some sort of cow like you describe...
I had the same reservations in my situation. It was the other way round for me though as its my sis who at first enthusiastically offered to sponsor me. 10 yrs is a long time to rely on a smooth relationship when a family member is married to someone you can't predict. I would stay well away.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:39 am
Banned

boo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really niceboo meringue is just really nice

After nearly 10 years of planning to live in US, my sponser, my brother and his wife have changed their minds. They say it is too risky and if we get into debt it will be their debt, despite the fact we have taken measures to ensure this does not happen. We told them they knew this when they first sponsered us, they deny this. Not much we can do, but anyone else experienced similar disappointment?
they're probably embarrassed at how much debt they have and now they can't prove that they can sponsor you financially, worse things have happened. If it helps there are loads of us returning to the UK as the grass was not greener just a worse shade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your advice and support everyone. We are just going to look forward to nice hols now. I feel it will all work out for the best. Just feel I have lost a brother which is sad, (not a word from him!) but learned a huge lesson and it could have been a lot worse.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:32 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your advice and support everyone. We are just going to look forward to nice hols now. I feel it will all work out for the best. Just feel I have lost a brother which is sad, (not a word from him!) but learned a huge lesson and it could have been a lot worse.
Have a great time. BTW, you have shown much more maturity and common sense than many, many posters we see here: it's very refreshing. Thanks!!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Aw thanks for that. I have always believed things happen for a reason and it is better to go with the flow than to battle against it. It was disappointing but now is the time to just get on with the next chapter.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 8:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of things:

Medical Insurance
Writing to your brother? Does he not have his own e mail or mobile?
As has been said, he is the sponsor, not SIL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.