Wikiposts

Change of Mind

Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:53 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of Mind

Originally Posted by Ray
They sound very sensible people ...I would certainly never sign up for that deal~
and there are an awful lot of people who wish they had not
I've seen the court case where the alien spouse claimed alimony based on the contract. Rather doubt it would transfer to a sibling sponsorship, though!

Apart from that, never seen any postings from a sponsor who actually had a bill to pay as a result of it. I wonder how common having to pay out actually is?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 3:53 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Your wife did it for you. ?
Love does strange things to reason.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

nolimits is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know roughly how much we would need in the bank - and would assets (land) in the USA count specially as they were cash paid? Thx.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:18 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by nolimits
Do you know roughly how much we would need in the bank - and would assets (land) in the USA count specially as they were cash paid? Thx.
Infor needed:

How many people in your family are being sponsored? E.g. if there you and spouse, that's 2. If there's you, your spouse and 2 kids, that's 4.

Are you going to be first resident in either Hawaii or Alaska?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

A financial sponsor must either make 125% of the poverty guidelines for a family their size PLUS the addition of the sponsored foreigners.

For example, they are a family of 3 and are sponsoring 3 foreigners then they would need to earn 125% of the poverty guidelines for a family of 6.

You can research the guidelines at the www.uscis.gov website.

If they use assets, then they would 5 x the 125% for a family of 6

Home dwellings cannot be used as assets. It can only be property that can be immediately liquidated and not a principal place of residency.

I'm sorry it has come to this but I'm not surprised. Families are the last ones to go to for financial assistance or in your case financial sponsorship. Once money enters into the family equation, family disintergrates.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

There are 4 of us. Were hoping to live in Florida where we bought our house 4 years ago. To be honest we would have lived anywhere in the US if it meant we could get in.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:27 am
Septicity

There are 4 of us. Were hoping to live in Florida where we bought our house 4 years ago. To be honest we would have lived anywhere in the US if it meant we could get in.
I make it $138k of capital for self-sponsorship if my math is right.

($22,050 x 125% x 5)

Last edited by fatbrit; Feb 4th 2010 at 4:30 am. Reason: added
Old Feb 4th 2010, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Well I would like to thank you all for your help. We have had a disappointment but we do count our blessings for all that is right in our life.
The support from this site has really lifted my spirits, I guess it does not change our situation but it has given us a bit to think about.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:25 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Don't you need to work? Wouldn't you need to go where there is the appropriate work?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Well semi retired after 38 years in Civil Service so good pension and lump sum put away. Had lined up poss jobs which looked hopeful, but were planning to still spend a bit of time in UK.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:42 am
Septicity

Well semi retired after 38 years in Civil Service so good pension and lump sum put away. Had lined up poss jobs which looked hopeful, but were planning to still spend a bit of time in UK.
If the civil service pension exceeds $22,050 x 125% = $27,600 a year, that would be okay for self-sponsorship in lieu of capital.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
If the civil service pension exceeds $22,050 x 125% = $27,600 a year, that would be okay for self-sponsorship in lieu of capital.
So who fills in the I-864? I thought only a USC or US PR could complete an I-864?

I could be wrong.

Rene
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Oh shame just a bit short of that figure.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:40 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh shame just a bit short of that figure.
The actual figure needed is $27,562. Does that help?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Noorah - it does help to have a figure. Just have to see if it is possible. Is there a seperate form for this so we can download it and take a look and how long it would be valid for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.