Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Certified copy of marriage document

Certified copy of marriage document

Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

digsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified copy of marriage document

I have the interview date for my application to register for permanent residence

The letter I received says that I need to bring "A certified copy of your Marriage Document...."

I searched the forums and from what I've read this means that they want me to bring the copy of the marriage certificate that the registry office in England gave me when we got married ?

Presumably they just want to look at it and make sure its real ?

Thanks,
Digsy
Old Jun 12th 2006, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified copy of marriage document

Originally Posted by digsy
Presumably they just want to look at it and make sure its real ?
Despite your use of the "?", you haven't actually asked a question. At any rate, yes, bring a copy (and the original if you have it) of the certificate to your interview. The officer may simply want to check to see if it's the same as what you've already submitted. Give him the copy for his records if he doesn't already have one.

Ian