Montreal??

What is the quickest way to get Her an EAD and SS card so She can work
with me in the US

Does She have to interview in Montreal, or can it be done at another
immigration office???

Thank you in advance,
lynnmatic

Old Apr 29th 2006, 4:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canadian wife K-3 questions

Originally Posted by Lynnmatic
Can my wife join me in the US while waiting for the packet from
Montreal??
She is legally allowed to come and visit you in the USA while waiting for the K-3 to process. She can't come join you there yet, with the intention of staying beyond her visit time allowed. She might be required to show strong ties to Canada before they will let her in to visit you, though.

What is the quickest way to get Her an EAD and SS card so She can work
with me in the US
She can apply for her EAD after she arrives in the USA on her K-3 visa. Once she has her EAD, she can then apply for her SS number. Since EAD's are taking about the full 90 days now, I'd plan on about 4 months after arrival to get both the EAD and the SSN, if you file for the EAD right away.

I'm not sure if you are trying to DCF in Canada, or are truly wanting to go the I-130/I-129F method. If you're talking about DCF (where you file the I-130 directly to the embassy in Canada), then what she'll receive is an Immigrant Visa, not a K-3. With the immigrant visa, she will be a permanent resident upon entry to the USA, and her green card and SS card should come in the mail within a few weeks after entry. No need for EAD in this case. She will be work authorized from Day 1, and can get a letter from the SS office that she can show her employer, stating that she's applied for the card already. I have a feeling THIS is the route you are talking about, not the K-3....since you mentioned filing directly in Vancouver.

Please clarify.

Best Wishes,
Rene