Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone Have Some Insight

Anyone Have Some Insight

Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

colleywobbles28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone Have Some Insight

Ok, here is some background... DH and I married in 2001 - he's from the UK and I from the US. He became a Citizen in 2005 and petitioned for his parents to come to the US to live. His parents are using an immigration lawyer based in California. We are now to the point where the I864 fee bill and Visa fee bill
have been sent to NVC. The lawyer has our I864 and supporting documentation, everything is ready when they get the go ahead to send it. My question is does anyone know about how long it takes to get an interview with the London Embassy from this point forward? Im kind of "lost" as to what happens now that the fees have been sent..... any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Amanda & Matt (K1 Visa 2001)
Old Apr 29th 2006, 12:44 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Have Some Insight

Hi
We sent our I-864 back to the NVC in Jan 2005. They sent our file to the US Consulate in London in Feb 2005. We heard nothing in March. On April 14th we received notification that we had an interview on May 24th 2005. Unfortunately we couldn't attend this interview so they rescheduled it for June 17th 2005. We had to schedule our medical once we knew the interview date. Once we were approved, they kept our passports and there is a day/few days wait until they sent the passports by courier with the visa's in it to us. I think the visa is valid for 6 months from date of issue but this wasn't a problem for us as we were flying back to the US within days of receiving our passports back. We were K3/K4 and already living in the US.

Good luck with your husbands parents visa journey.

Maggie

This was for me as a wife and a stepson of a USC so I don't know if this makes any difference to the processing times although parents are immeditate family also so maybe it doesn't matter at all.

Originally Posted by colleywobbles28
Ok, here is some background... DH and I married in 2001 - he's from the UK and I from the US. He became a Citizen in 2005 and petitioned for his parents to come to the US to live. His parents are using an immigration lawyer based in California. We are now to the point where the I864 fee bill and Visa fee bill
have been sent to NVC. The lawyer has our I864 and supporting documentation, everything is ready when they get the go ahead to send it. My question is does anyone know about how long it takes to get an interview with the London Embassy from this point forward? Im kind of "lost" as to what happens now that the fees have been sent..... any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Amanda & Matt (K1 Visa 2001)