Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Beneficiary Birth Certificate for K1 I-129F??

Beneficiary Birth Certificate for K1 I-129F??

Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default Beneficiary Birth Certificate for K1 I-129F??

I am just compliling all of the information needed for the I-129F and thought I had it pretty much all covered.

I have been using the K1 step-by-step guide on visajourney.com and it doesn't say anything about sending a birth certificate for the beneficiary (me), but when you look on the example I-129F cover letter, it says about including the beneficiary's birth certificate.

Can anyone tell me if we have to send this at this stage?? I don't have it with me (its back in the UK) and it will delay things if I have to get it sent over!!

ALSO...! visajourney.com says to send ONE passport photo with the original I-129F packet but kamya.com says to send TWO passport photos.... ( Which one do we do?

Anyway, if anyone can clear this up, that would be GREAT!

Thank you.

Last edited by ukmancoll; Sep 13th 2004 at 9:31 pm.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:49 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beneficiary Birth Certificate for K1 I-129F??

ukman,

1 'passport' photo.

The beneficiary's BC is not a requirement, but enough people get RFE'd for it (seems to be a CSC thing primarily, if not exclusively) that including it if available is considered to be prudent. Since you don't have your BC readily available then I wouldn't worry about it now.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
I am just compliling all of the information needed for the I-129F and thought I had it pretty much all covered.

I have been using the K1 step-by-step guide on visajourney.com and it doesn't say anything about sending a birth certificate for the beneficiary (me), but when you look on the example I-129F cover letter, it says about including the beneficiary's birth certificate.

Can anyone tell me if we have to send this at this stage?? I don't have it with me (its back in the UK) and it will delay things if I have to get it sent over!!

ALSO...! visajourney.com says to send ONE passport photo with the original I-129F packet but kamya.com says to send TWO passport photos.... ( Which one do we do?

Anyway, if anyone can clear this up, that would be GREAT!

Thank you.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
ukman,

1 'passport' photo.

The beneficiary's BC is not a requirement, but enough people get RFE'd for it (seems to be a CSC thing primarily, if not exclusively) that including it if available is considered to be prudent. Since you don't have your BC readily available then I wouldn't worry about it now.

Regards, JEff
Thanks a lot Jeff.

Does anyone out of the Nebraska Service Center have any experience on being RFE'd for not including the beneficiary's birth certificate?? I need to figure out if I should just go ahead and send without my birth certificate, or wait the extra 2 weeks it would take by the time I can get it over here.

Also (I am asking a lot of questions today!!) I have copied letters and emails to send off with the I-129F, but they are more about proving an ongoing relationship than they are proof of meeting within 2 years. For that, I have included photographs taken together and copys of airline bording passes.

My original understanding was that not only did I have to send things like photos and boarding passes, but also things like copies of emails, letter, etc. But, after doing a search on it on this website, it seems that for the original I-129F, all is needed is the proof of actually having met...

Can anyone advise whether I should just include the whole lot, or just send the photos and boarding passes for now?

Thank you.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

People have been known to send packages that have a height of 5 to 7 inches and perhaps 1,000 or more pages to them. Other people, like myself, only sent proof of meeting and never included a phone bill, e-mail or personal card or letter. I followed what was asked for and was approved.

Best advice is go with both but don't send a volume to rival War and Peace.

Rete

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
Thanks a lot Jeff.

Does anyone out of the Nebraska Service Center have any experience on being RFE'd for not including the beneficiary's birth certificate?? I need to figure out if I should just go ahead and send without my birth certificate, or wait the extra 2 weeks it would take by the time I can get it over here.

Also (I am asking a lot of questions today!!) I have copied letters and emails to send off with the I-129F, but they are more about proving an ongoing relationship than they are proof of meeting within 2 years. For that, I have included photographs taken together and copys of airline bording passes.

My original understanding was that not only did I have to send things like photos and boarding passes, but also things like copies of emails, letter, etc. But, after doing a search on it on this website, it seems that for the original I-129F, all is needed is the proof of actually having met...

Can anyone advise whether I should just include the whole lot, or just send the photos and boarding passes for now?

Thank you.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

mattandtina is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just been approved and we didn't send in the UK citizen's birth cert at this stage.Also, for proof of meeting, we just submitted photos, copies of passport stamps and boarding passes. Hope that helps
Old Sep 14th 2004, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattandtina
We have just been approved and we didn't send in the UK citizen's birth cert at this stage.Also, for proof of meeting, we just submitted photos, copies of passport stamps and boarding passes. Hope that helps
Thank you very much.

This is exactly what I am planning on sending in, except a few Proof of Relationship things just incase.

Thank you!!